₂₈ ᴍᴀᴅ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ

Sρσƚιϝყ ρʅαყʅιʂƚ ϝσɾ αʂʂαʂʂιɳʂ
ʅιɳƙҽԃ ιɳ ɱყ Ⴆισ
┈˃̶༒˂̶┈

The day. Today is the day Ava has to prove herself to the dark lord — only to get her revenge and finally kill him.

Draco had told her to rest but she had been awake since he left last night. Her mind was weak but her body wouldn't let her sleep. Her thoughts kept her company all night.

Over the past week, the cell had become her sanctuary. Nothing more than that. And today, she gets to leave it.

Although her body is weak, her eagerness to kill Voldemort makes her feel invincible.

She can still hear Hermione's screams. The look of terror on her face when she realised she was going to die. And the smile she had on her face, only a few minutes before she was killed, a smile filled with so much hope — it haunts her.

Her rage is what will get her through this. What is making her strong.

┈˃̶༒˂̶┈

The door of her cell opened, the dust on the floor wafts across the floor, and the door crashes against the stone wall. Ava looked up from her seat on the so-called bed.

It's Victor.

He stands just as terrifying as she remembered. His promise echoed in her ear — Help me kill the dark lord and I'll make sure you live to see the day to kill him yourself — That promise alone made him far less terrifying but admirable.

Whatever fear she had once felt for him now seemed ludicrous. When he was trying to kill her, he was only testing her fighting skills.

He was sent by the dark lord, but how foolish Voldemort was, he practically organised his own assassination. Ava couldn't help but find that thought amusing.

"Are you ready?" the deepness of his voice vibrated against the cell walls, sending chills crawling through her skin.

Her answer was one she was sure of.

"I am."

┈˃̶༒˂̶┈

Victor held onto her arm, only gripping harshly when they'd pass someone. Just before they left, Victor handed Ava clothes to change into. A black long sleeve top and black leggings. Similar to the training uniform she was provided.

There were very few people scattered in the hallways. Ava figured everyone would want to watch the tests. She wondered if they knew she was the only one fighting for real.

To everyone else, this was just a practice.

Suddenly, her heart sank at the realisation that they might not know Hermione is dead. They have both been gone a week and the questions they must all have.

Or did they know? How devastated Ginny would be to know her best friend is dead. George must be devastated and Dean, how would he feel to know yet another one of his friends is dead.

"You need to focus," Victor's voice interrupted her thoughts.

"I know," Ava replied.