₂₆ ᴛᴇᴍᴘᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

Sρσƚιϝყ ρʅαყʅιʂƚ ϝσɾ αʂʂαʂʂιɳʂ
ʅιɳƙҽԃ ιɳ ɱყ Ⴆισ
┈˃̶༒˂̶┈

Thirty minutes into Victor as Ava's conversation, the door opened and in walked Draco. Tall, precise steps, and an intimidating eye as he looked between Ava and Victor. His cloak hung low, swaying as he stepped closer to the two of them. Anger seemed to always be swimming in his eyes but his face remained emotionless. In a constant state of intimidation.

Which Ava now knew to be an act.

Victor watched Draco's every move. Victor didn't know Draco was on his side, and by the way, Draco was looking at Victor, it was clear Draco didn't know of Victor's plans to assassinate the dark lord.

It was Draco who spoke first, breaking the deathly silence, "I am to take her back to the tower when you are done talking to her."

Victor relaxed in his chair, leaning back making the wooden chair creak, "I'll be done with her in a few minutes. Wait outside."

Ava looked down in her lap at the order he gave Draco. She knew he wouldn't have liked that. Some sort of a scoff came from Draco and then he walked out. Almost letting his act slip by the anger he showed.

"He's the high general for the dark lord," Victor pointed out as soon as the door shut, "so why is he in love with you?"

Ava's head shot up, her eyes wide as she looked bewildered, "what—he's not—"

"I have an eye for spotting those types of things," Victor shook his head, "and believe me when I tell you he is in love with you. A prisoner to the lord."

"He is just trying to help me," Ava replied, "we went to school together, and he wasn't kind to me then, I think he's just trying to make up for all those years."

"I wonder why the boy was cruel to you," Victor smiled, she had never seen him smile, "to hide the fact that he loved you, maybe."

Ava just stared for a moment. Thinking.

Ava remembered the harsh words he would spit at her and her friends. But the more she thinks about it. He barely said a word to Ava. Barely looked at her. It was always Harry he would argue with. Always calling Hermione a mudblood and judging Ron for his families lifestyle. But Ava — he would just snarl at her or tell her to fuck off and that no one likes her — if he did even talk to her that is.

Ava shook the thoughts away.

"That's absurd," she replied.

"I agree," Victor sighed, "love is a foolish thing in a world like this."

Ava didn't respond, instead, she thought his words over.

"But, can you trust him?" Victor asked, "I wouldn't want him messing up our deal."

"Yes," It was an answer Ava didn't need to think over, "he's done more for me and helped me so many times in this place. If it weren't for him I think I'd be dead."

Victor thought on her words and then said, "are you going to tell him about our deal?"

Ava wasn't sure. She knew she could trust him but she also knew that Draco wouldn't trust Victor. And if he did mess this up, then Ava wouldn't get the revenge she needed.