Chapter 3: 9 years later

9 years later.....

The alarm clock started to go off loudly and Lenny started moaning out of frustration since it ruined a good dream he was having. He pounded the button to shut it off as he got out of bed and started to yawn. He did his morning routine as he takes a quick shower, brushes his teeth, puts some clothes on and gets his glasses cleaned before putting them on his face. He headed downstairs for breakfast since its the day that Layla was making her special blueberry pancakes.

Layla heard him coming down the stairs since he knows that her pancakes will make her human child happy for the beginning of the day.

"Morning mom." Lenny says as he sat down on the table.

"Morning sweetie, I hope you did your homework yesterday evening." Layla says as she puts down a good stack of pancakes in front of him.

"Don't worry, I finished my essay last night, and I bet Sarah is sleeping in again. I wonder what her professor would say if she didn't make it to the university in time?" Lenny asked as he laughed a little.

"I heard that, you little runt." Sarah said as came into the kitchen while she purposely messed up his hair while she walked past him.

"Sis, come on! I just combed it!" Lenny shouted as he tried to fix it.

"Why? Are you trying to impress a girl at school?" Sarah teased as she sat across from him.

"No, I... just want to look good." Lenny said.

"Whatever." Sarah said as she started eating her breakfast.

Just then Brook hurried down the stairs since he has to get ready for work during the day since he doesn't want to be late.

"What's the rush dad?" Lenny asked.

"I'm going to be late since I only have an hour to head to work." Brook said.

"Didn't you know daylight savings time passed two weeks ago? Everything is an hour ahead now, Which means you only have two hours." Lenny said.

Brook noticed that the time was different on his phone while his watch was wrong since it was an hour behind which made him sigh in small frustration.

Sarah and Lenny started laughing about it and continued eating fast.

After breakfast, Lenny hurried to the bus stop and waited for the school bus to arrive. He saw his best friend Roy coming and waved at him.
———————

Roy———————

Roy
———————

"Sup bro!" Roy shouted.

"Hey Roy, how are you doing?" Lenny asked as he high fives him.

"Doing good just finnaly finished the stupid essay that our teacher gave us." Roy said.

"I know its kinda stupid but its for a grade anyway." Lenny says.