chapter 3: DAREDEVIL

Matt Murdock pov

"Incoming call from froggy, incoming call from froggy inco-" I pick up the phone after the second ring and put my phone on speaker.

"Yes froggy?" I said as I keeped my finger on the spot in my book that I was reading, well feeling.

"Matt,listen so me and Karen are going out for drinks at Josie's. Wanna grab a drink with us?" I could here Karen giggling in the background.

"Sorry I can't I have to attend to my night duties and plus our new roommate just moved in" I said closing my book and setting in aside.

"Your what?- oh yeah, yeah okay but tell me more about the new guy who moved in" I huffed in annoyance. How hard is it to remember that your Best friend is daredevil.

"Well actually it's a girl" I said, making froggy and Karen both gasp.

"No way what's her name? Do I know her?" Froggy asked

"Her names y/n, that ring a bell?" I asked

"No but you better introduce her to us, ok?" Froggy said.

"Did she let you touch her face?" Froggy asked in a way that I could tell he was wiggle his eyebrows from where ever he was

I smiled to my self "yeah" I said "she let me touch her face" I added on still smiling. Most people don't like having their face touched specially by a random blind person they first meet but her,wade, and Peter where different, they where understanding.

"Oooooh sounds romantic" froggy said "ouch Karen why'd you hit me?" I heard there rambling for a few minutes till I heard our door bell ring. Must be our food.

"Alright bye you too, see you at the office" I said before hanging up.

Upon opening my door, y/n had also opened hers. I sensed that she was looking directly at me.

"Did you hear that too?" She asked

"If you mean the doorbell than yeah I heard it I believe it's the Chinese food." I walked towards the stairs and felt around for the railing. I felt someone's arm wrap around mine

"I'll help you down, these stairs are a bit winedy" y/n said. I let go of the hand rail and we walked down the stairs together.

"I was just about to call you two down" Peter stated "foods here" he said leaving the room and into the dining room.

Y/n unwrapped her arm around mine and walked into the dining room with Peter. Apart of me was sad by the fact that she had let go of me but as we weren't walking down the stairs anymore it was I guess practical.

I made my way into the dining room with everyone else and sat in my spot. I heard the russeling of a few bags as they where sat on the table.

"Okay let's see who got the shrimp tempura?" Wade asked.

"That was me" I said, wade handed me mine container. I grabbed it and sat it down on the table.

Wade listed of the items and handed them out. I took a sip of my wine that wade had so gratefully poured for me.

I heard the lids of containers open and as for I; I waited. Since I was a Catholic I prayed afterwards I opened my shrimp tempura and began eating.

"So y/n what are you majoring in or are you not in collage?" I asked

"Oh I already graduated" she said "I'm a nurse at metro-general hospital" she added on.

I suddenly lit up, it would be amazing to have an actual skilled nurse. Since the three men in the house are always getting 'mysteriosly' get hurt. And I know someone else who works there as well

"Do you know Claire Temple?" I asked as I took another sip of wine.

"Oh well I haven't exactly worked there yet, I start there tammarow" she said

"Is this your first nursing job?" Peter asked

"No I used to work in queens but was transferred to here" she took a drink if something, I think water. "after everything that happened there I couldn't work there anymore. I asked to be transferred here cause I heard the area was more well safe"

"I used to live in queens too" Peter added his voice a little somber

"Oh so you heard about the giant lizard guy, the electric man I think electro was his name, the green goblin and oh spiderman" she said

"Yeah I've heard them all" he said I listened to his heartbeat it was faster then normal.

"Maybe we should switch the subject" I said trying to calm down Peter

"Okay, but all I'm saying is I feel bad for the poor girl who died, gwen I think. I hope her family is doing alright" she said.

Shit shit shit, she brought if the g-word

Peters heartbeat was way faster I could sense that he was upset but not angry.

"I-if you'll excuse me I uhm" and with that Peter left the room.

"I'll be back too" wade said getting up and fallowing peter

"Did I say something wrong?" Her heartbeat was speeding up, and I somehow had to put her at ease. It wasn't her fault she didn't know.

I put my hand onto her hand.

"Gwen used to be peters girlfriend, he hasn't exactly gotten over his death. He still blames himself" I told her as she switched out hand position to her hand holding mine.

"Oh my goodness I'm so sorry- well I should be apologizing to him not you- but- but still I mean I didn't know he said he was from queens I never would of guessed that he that he dated her or blamed himself" she rambeled on until she started crying. Not heavy crying or anything just slightly.

"It's okay, he'll be fine he's a thought boy" I said as I massaged her hand with mine.

"I think I'm gonna go up to bed early I have a busy day tammarow" she let go of my hand and stood up, pushing in her chair.

"Goodnight Matt, it was nice meeting you today" she said as she walked up the stairs.

I sighed, tonight was just the beginning. I cleaned up and headed upstairs to my room.

I opened my closet door and opened the large chest that was at the bottom of my closet. I pulled out my suit and helmet. I undressed and began putting the suit on, starting with my pants. I heard a knock on my door I quickly grabbed the rest of my suit and stuffed it back into the chest.

I heard the knock again. "Just a minute" I clicked into bed covering my bottom half leaving my top half exposed.

"Come in" the door opened and in came wade

"Oh it's just you" I motioned him to close the door and he did. I grabbed the rest of my suit and put it back on.

"You going out again?" Wade asked in a concerned voice

"Bad guys don't take days off so yes I'm going out again" I put in my shoes and grabbed my helmet.

"Anyone down stairs?" I asked

"No you can go out the front Peter is in his room watching TV and I think y/n went to bed" wade said

"Okay" I went to leave "did you need something?" I asked before opening my bedroom door.

"It can wait" he said I nooded and headed out if my bedroom, down the stairs and out into the night.