chapter 18: new 'roomate'

Y/ns pov

Weeks flew bye, then months and soon enough it was back to be cold and rainy in new York. I was walking around in a f/c sweater and a pair of sweatpants, Matt's sweatpants that is.

"Good morninggggg" I sang as I walked down the from the stair case and into the living room. Wade and Peter where sitting on the couch snuggling up next to each other as they watched superdad.

"Morning y/n, why so cheerful today?" Wade asked as he turned his head towards me.

"I don't know" which wasn't a complete lie, I didn't know what made me wake up in such a good mood perhaps it had to do with waking up next to a real life superhero and an amazing boyfriend. Though Matt's been out more recently and not coming back till two-three in the morning. At least I know why, or at least from what he's sleepy talked to be about. The defenders is a group he's apart of, I believe there looking for that hand though I have no clue what's that about and neither does Wade or Peter.

I felt a pair of muscular arms wrap around me.
"Morning babe" Matt said, then kissing my cheek.

"How'd you sleep?" I asked as we walked into the kitchen together.

"Like a baby" he said "who was out all night, chasing down bad guys" he said smirking slightly as he poured me a cup of coffee into a mug.

"Thank you, love" I said holding the mug.

"And what about you, you sleep alright?" He said pouring himself a cup of coffee.

"I slept alright, you coming home late tonight or no?" I asked as I stirred in my sugar to my cup.

"I'm not sure I'll call you when I find out tonight" Matt said as he took a sip of his coffee.

The doorbell rang "can someone get that?" Matt yelled

Another doorbell rang "I'll get it" Matt said as he sat his mug down on the counter and went to exit the kitchen to go to the door.

He opened the door "Marc is that you?!" Matt said. Suddenly wade and Peter got up and raced to the door.

"It's Steven actually, sorry for interrupting but Marc told me that I was supposed to come here" said the man at the door who sounded British.

"Well come in" Matt, Peter, and wade moved out of the way and in came a man with dark brownish/blackish hair, a smile on his face as he hugged Peter and wade then Matt.

He made eye contact with me and waved, "you must be y/n, I've heard alot about you from Marc" I walked into the walkway where everyone else was.

"Uh- whose Marc?" I asked

Stevens eyes turned white then back to normal

"Sorry my apologies, I'm Marc. What Steven meant to say was that he's heard alot from Matt about you"

He put his had out and I shook it, "nice to meet you Marc?" I asked even more confused I thought that was Steven?

"You look confused" Marc said, letting go of my hand "the simplest way to put it is that I have three people living inside me" he said

"Like multiple personalities disorder?" I asked

"No well yeah kinda, I'm ruled by an Egyptian god, Khonshu. The ruler of the moon and vengeance. I'm not Egyptian my self and neither is Steven or Jake. He dosent come out often" he said his eyes turned white again

"Does that make sense, hi I'm Steven." He held his hand out and I shook it. "With a 'V'"

"Yeah kinda, I'm still new to the whole superhero thing. Knowing them I mean." I let go of his hand.

"Well at least you somewhat understand it took me and Marc a while to understand as well. We meet tawret, and Ammit" Steven said smiling then stoping.

"So how long you staying for?" Matt asked

"Oh only for a week or two, were waiting on a plane to London to come up so we can head back. Thanks again for letting me stay" Steven said, his eyes turned white.

"Ahhh Matt my friend" said Marc or maybe Jake?

"Jake my boxing buddy, what's up" Matt said

"Ah you know up to know good with this guy with me at all times" he pointed behind them

"Oh I forgot you can't see him, can you" Jake said, he looked at me "Khonshu is with me all the time" he said with a thick Spanish accent

"Soy Jake y tú debes ser, y/n?," He asked

Knowing a little bit of Spanish I knew he was stating his name and making sure he was calling me the correct name.

"Yes I'm y/n" I responded he took my hand and kissed the top of it

"Matt here tells me you two are engaged" Jake said

"What?!" I looked at Matt

"Jake I said we where dating " Matt said and Jake rolled his eyes

"Same thing Matt, know where is my room?" Jake asked

"Same as last time" Jake smiled and picked up a duffle bag. I must of been to focused on the three people in one body superhero thing that I hadn't notice the goldfish's tied to his neck.

"Wait would you like me to take your goldfish's" I asked

"Ah yes please take gus and uh Marc what's yours names ?" Steven nodded

"Gus and Khonshu Jr., Guess who came up with that name?" Steven handed me the fishes and walked to the book case and pulled down a book and he went into the bookcase.

"When did you install that?" I asked

Peter took the fish jar, "since we meet them"