chapter 14: date night

Matt's pov

I made my way into the front door of the house. I was in a bit of a rush, considering the planes I made tonight and that y/n would be getting off work and coming home soon. I closed my cane and sat it next to the umbrellas and began to walk up stairs.

"Why you in such a hurry?" Peter asked from the couch

"You idiot, member he has a date with y/n?" Wade said, lunching Peter in the shoulder

"No need to hit him wade" I scolded wade and countinued walking up the stairs.

"Wait I thought he was joking about that!" Peter said sounding slightly displeased

"No need to get all upset there Pete, why do you have a crush on y/n" wade said

"No." Peter said plainly.

"Sure you don't, then why are you jealous" wade said

I tried to shut them out but I could still hear them bickering from upstairs. I shut my door but I could hear Peter hitting wade with something. Probably a pillow.

I took off my shades, and took off my tie and reached into my dresser to pull out a different one. I quickly then grabbed another dress shirt. I scanned my finger across the labels and found the one the was labeled black and pulled out a black dress shirt. I decided to keep on my black trousers.

I unbuttoned my white dress shirt and throwing it in the hamper and threw on the black shirt. I finished getting dressed and made my to the bathroom. I turned on the light for well no reason but to just got it to appear normal.

I heard the front door open and y/n yelling at wade to take Peter out of a head lock.

I grabbed some calogne and put it on and grabbed one of my coats and put it on.

After it settled downstairs y/n came up on to to my guess to get ready. I'm normally never nervous but tonight I am. Maybe it's due to the fact I haven't been out on a date in years. Or because I'm going on one with y/n.

I open my door and then go back to the bathroom and turn off the lights. Then I go back out and shut my door.

At the same time y/n walks out, she's wearing some type of strawberry perfume.

"You look wonderful Matt" she says, a small shake in her voice. I smile internally knowing that I'm not the only one who's nervous.

"Thank you, I'm sure you lovely too" I smile and we walk down the stairs and into the living room.

We're wade is sitting across the room from Peter.

"I had to separate them" y/n said to me "they got in a fight over something" she grabbed her keys and we walked out.

"Fighting over what?" I ask though I already know

"I'm not sure I think over. Girl or something that's what it seemed like" she replied

I opened the passenger seat and get it and she goes in the driver side.

"Why do you say that?" I ask again

"Cause Peter was hitting wade and saying something like 'dont call her that'" she started the car "I'm surprised you didn't hear that" she says And we pull out of the driveway.

I put in my seat belt, and we are off to a restaurant which I picked but she has to drive. I don't think she'd want to walk all the way across town.

Suddenly my phone start ringing
'froggy calling' 'froggy calling'

I pick up and take the phone of speaker "yes froggy?" I ask

"Dude so how's the date going" he says most definitely drunk

I hear page in the background "is that Matt?" She says

"We haven't even got to our destination. And aren't you still mad at me?" I sat slightly embarrassed that I'm having to deal with this on me and y/n date night. But she seems to be alright with it.

"Noooo- I'm still mad but I still care" he says. Karen tells him to give her his phone.

"Sorry about that Matt, foggy is drunk and calling everyone he can" I nod

"It's alright" I sat

"Have a good rest of your night see you in court tammarow" she says and hangs up

"What was that about?" Y/n asked

"Froggy's drunk again" I say

"When isn't he" I give out a small chuckle

"That's true, unless we are at work" I reply

(Time skip to the restaurant)

We are walked to our table, tonight seems busy. We are seated and are asked what we wanna drink.

"Do you have a braille menu?" I ask

"No, sorry sir but I can read you off the drinks" the waiter says with a thick french accent

"No need to here" y/n hands me and paper.

"It's the whole menu and braille" she says

"Thanks, but when did you do this? I didn't know you knew braille" I asked

"I don't but Peter does so he helped me" I nod and feel around the paper

"We'll have the pinot noir" I say

"And would you like and appatizers?" He asks

"I'm good, Matt?" Y/n asks

"I'm good just the wine" the waiter walks off.

"This is a really pretty place how did you get reservations it seems really busy" y/n asks

"A little help from a friend" that friend being elektra.

"Well tell that friend thank you" she says "and thank you too, I'm a bit surprised that you asked me on a date"

I smile "and why's that?" I ask as the waiter comes back and pours out drinks

"Well I wouldn't say you were avoiding me but in a way you were. Plus you seemed really stressed so I though maybe what happened that night- was well a mistake" she whispered that last part though I doubt anyone heard her.

"Well I've just been busy with the castle case and froggy has been a pain saying I don't care about the case and elektra well is elektra" I say

"Were you and elektra ever dating?" She asks

"In college yes but not anymore. I don't like her like that" I said.

The French waiter came back and we ordered our food.

We talked about how our work was going, what I was like in collage and how she was like in collage and other stuff.

When we came home, Peter and wade were in the same place as last time. Peter was asleep and wade was watching family guy.

We went up stairs and I walked y/n to her room

"I really enjoyed tonight, thanks Matt" y/n said

"I did too" I leaned down and kissed her cheek and I walked away.