chapter 8: a man in a devil costume

Y/ns pov

"Bye y/n, see you tammarow" one of the other nightshift workers said as I walked over to my car. I hated working night shift, but then again who really enjoyed it.

I told them goodnight and countinued to walk over to wear my car was parked. It seemed to be farther away. I must've been really tired because I thought I saw something or someone beside me. I glanced to my side an no one was there.

I keep walking, I heard someone cough and I turned around, still no one was there. I picked up the pace and opened my bag to try to find my keys. I searched for the keys and would look up every once and awhile to see where I was heading. I was starting to panic, when I found my keys I let out a sound of relief and went to go unlock the car when I felt something pointed  at the lower part of my back.

I dropped my keys and whoever was behind me kicked the keys outta sight.

"I'm not gonna hurt you just hand over the purse-" they where cut off my a loud smashing sound.

The pressure on my back was lifted off as the person who was behind me wasn't exactly behind me.

I heard grunts and the sound of what seems to be metal hitting the ground.

I slowly turned around to see a built man in a red and black costume with a red helmet that has what looked like little horns.

He finished hit the mugger in the leg with a metal pole causing the guy to yelp in pain. He went to punch the vigilante in the face. But he stopped the guy and folded his hand back. The mugger yelped again and held his wrist. The guy in the costume hit him in the face causing the other guy to fall back onto the black top.

He turned to me and I looked up at him.

"D-did you kill him??" I said my voice becoming hoarse.

"No just knocked him out" he bent down and picked up my keys and walked towards me.

"Are you ok?" The man asked me, I was still in disbelief. The voice of this masked man sounded very familiar. It felt as if I've know this man or have meet him before but I couldn't put a finger on who it was.

"He didn't hurt you did he?" The man asked again

I shook my head no and he handed me my keys and walked away I stood there for a few seconds before I unlocked my car and got in. I quickly  locked the car door and put my hands on the steering wheel. And took in a deep breath. What just happened was still rendering in my mind. Who was this masked man? Why'd he save me?

I started up the car and drove out of the hospitals parking lot.

~time skip to when y/n gets home~

I unlocked the front door and went inside, quickly shutting it and locking it.

"Everything ok?" Peter said from the kitchen I took off my jacket and hung it up and set my keys down.

"You'll never believe what happened" I sat down and told Peter about the mugger and the masked man who saved me.
He seemed to believe me and go along with what I said.

But wade caught the tail end part of what I said And patted Me on the shoulder.

"When's the last time you got any sleep?" He said

"What's that supposed to mean?" I said as I took a drink of the tea Peter made me.

"I mean come on, a 'man in a little devil costume' saved your life" he said "I know superheros are real but what kinda man dresses up as a devil?" He said. Then a look of realization crossed his face, and I wasn't the only one who noticed it.

Peter and wade looked at each other and exchanged glances.

"What?" I said looking at the two

"Oh uh nothing- don't worry about it" I groaned "why do you guys always say that, you know something don't you?" I asked

They looked at me in a semi-confused way

"You do don't you? He's a friend of one of yours or something?" I said looking at them

"No it's just that I know who your talking about" wade said

Peter shot a death glare at wade and he ignored him

"Well what's his name?" I asked crossing my arms

"He goes by daredevil that and the devil of hell's kitchen" wade said

"Is he the only superhero in hell's kitchen?" I asked.

"No there's others" he said sitting down. Peter looked upset and angry at wads for telling me this

"What are their names? What do there costumes look like?" I asked I was completely involved in this conversation. This is the first time I've ever encountered a superhero. I ve seen them on tv sure or in a newspaper but never feet away from me, let alone helping me. Saving me.

"Well there's Spider-Man, he has a red and blue suit with black spiderwebs going up. And a spider in the center" wade said "his powers are like daredevils in away his senses where hightened. He's really fast and strong. And can shoot webs out of his arms"

I looked wide eyed at wade "that's so cool, can he climb up stuff too?" I asked leaning in the edge of my seat

"Yeah he can" wade said nervously giggling at Peter who was all red face

Peter looked at me "yeah I actually know another superhero" I looked at him

"His name's dead pool." Wades face grew scarlet "he has a red and black suit and a circular symbol with a face that almost looks like spidermans mask"

"No it doesn't he got that idea before spiderman came along" wade said

"Anyways- he has regeneration powers so he can't really die, he can age I think but can't die. He also has super strength and unlike daredevil and spiderman he kills the bad guys" he said

"Wait so spiderman and daredevil don't kill the bad people?" I asked

"Yep they just beat em up and wait for the police to get em" he said

"Weird, seems I'd Deadpool is the only on doing anything to stop them" I said wade smiled at what I said.

"Couldn't agree more"

"It's not like spiderman and daredevil can't kill these bad men and women it's that it's easy to die. It be easy for them to just die instead of deal with the consequences of their actions" peters said smiling

"I guess all three of them are doing something to reduce the crime, something cops can't do by themselves, obviously" I said

"Exactly" wade and Peter said

Who ever this daredevil man was I wanna find him. I wanna meet him, I wanna thank him

A/n sorry for not posting in a while, I got a new dog and have been to busy focusing on the puppy :))