Chapter |1

Destiny's P.O.V
September 12

As I climb up the stairs with the last of my items, I sit on the floor and give a sigh of relief.

Today has been hectic.

From mad taxi drivers traversing as if others don't exist, to the police giving me a ticket; knowing how dramatic I am, it's a surprise I'm not on the verge of tears.

But I made it in one piece.

I got up to close the door, take off my sandals and put them to the side.

As tired as I am, this place needs to be organized so I can feel at home. I hired someone to do a deep cleaning and put all my furniture into place while I  wasn't in town. I hate disfunction, uncleanness and unorganization, it makes my skin crawl.

I can't help but admire my new place. Its a 2 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom apartment with a balcony to give me an awesome view. The original plan was to settle with a 1 bedroom but there will be instances where I have to work from home from time to time.
So I will be utilizing the extra room as an office, since no one will really visit.

This place is perfect, it's just 10-15 minutes away from my new job and I'm in the hills.
I couldn't ask for more.

"Shit" I muttered to my self as I came to the realization that there are no groceries here.

You just moved in stupid...

It's only quarter to 4, it's not too late.

I went into my suitcase and changed into a jeans shorts, black blouse and crocs. While looking in the mirror, I chuckled to myself because I wouldnt dare leave the house in shorts back home.

But now that I'm on my own...

Trouble.

I grabbed my keys and went out the door.

.........................................................................

By the time I got to the bottom of the hill, the traffic I encountered was absolutely disgusting. I totally forgot Kingston was like this.

While waiting in traffic, I decided to call my good friend Aliya.
She is such a beautiful person, inside out. Clear, brown skin, glossy eyes and has a slim figure. She has a personality of gold and will never mince words.
We were roommates in university and have been close ever since. She got married and moved here with her long term boyfriend, Omar. She seems so happy and I love that for her.

"Wol on deh, a who this a ring my phone?" She says answering the phone

"Ali stop with di antics, wah gwan?"

"Deh yah, think yuh dash me weh and ting"

"Girl remember the up and down fi move mek mi busy"

"Oh rass. Figet seh you reach dem side a world ya now" she exclaims

"Yea, but I called to asked if you could follow me to do some grocery shopping, maybe you can lead me to a reasonable place"

"Reasonable?" She asked with skepticism.

She continues "Reasonable nuh exist a town girl. But I'll follow you, ago get ready and text yuh the address"

"Thanks much" I said and hung up.

.......

I finally got to her house and texted her that I have arrived.

She needs to hurry this up.

I'm hungry

Suddenly, the door opened, startling me.

A weh she come from?