Chapter |9

Destiny's P.O.V
November 3
9:15am

I have a tendency to numb myself when it comes on to hard situations. I pretend it didn't happen and move on but this time it's becoming a challenge. This could be because I never had a near death experience especially when my womanhood is being tainted.

Two days later, the images are still fresh. But I'd like to believe that I'm 10x better than I was that night.

At this moment, I feel nothing. Still not sure what I'm supposed to be feeling.

That's a good thing...right?

While Mr Kennedy followed home, all I could think about was where he came from and what if he wasn't there. My mind even went as far as thinking he was stalking me but that would be a reach.

I cannot deny that I did feel safe with him, though.
He waited until I got in my apartment and told me to signal him when I got inside. That lifted my spirit a bit. He even urged me to take the week off from work.

But here I am, at work. I only missed yesterday because I wanted to see if it would do me any justice. It didn't.

Made me feel sorry for myself.

I'm still new to the job and I have so much to learn, I cannot miss work. I know Mr Kennedy is gonna be mad but I don't want any reminders of that night by staying home.

Sigh.

While I was about to catch up on some paperwork, I got a text from Aliya, several texts at that. She has been calling me non stop but I'm not able to interact with her at the moment.

*Ali*

Should I even tell her? I've been avoiding the messages because I would have to explain everything  and I am not in the mood

Should I even tell her? I've been avoiding the messages because I would have to explain everything and I am not in the mood.
What if Omar knew what kind of man he was? What if this was all a sick joke?
There are so many questions that needs to be answered. As of right now, I will not entertain it.

Avoid it as much as you can.

I don't even know where that man is, come to think of it...

He's probably on to his next victim. I thought about going to the police but just the thought of it is emotionally exhausting. Going to court, paying for legal guidance and the mental strain does not seem worth it to me. I don't want to confront this situation any longer.

After Mr Kennedy pulled out his gun, I'm pretty sure I witnessed Donald spewing tears. Can you imagine the satisfaction I got from that?

The way he pointed out his gun though...
Made me feel butterflies in places I didn't know I could.
I would be lying if I said I didn't think about that constantly.

Whew.

Besides from that, I need to thank him— I didn't get a chance to. He saved me from the unimaginable that night.