Chapter |3

Mr. Kennedy's P.O.V
September 14
12:22pm

"I won't be in office today, direct everything to Ka- Miss Johnson" I say through the phone.

There is a reason why I hardly take days off from work. These people are calling me for things they can handle themselves.

I am going mad in my own house.

"One last thing, has the new C.M.O arrived?" I asked

"Yes she did" the person on the other end responds

"Okay, I left the documents with my assistant so she could sign and-"

"Yes, I collected it from your assistant so she could sign but she refused"

Huh?

"What do you mean refused, did someone explain to what her exactly what I'm trying to do here? How is he to refuse?" I say furiously

"She does have the right to refuse sir" the person responded

"She said she needs to hear more about this project before she signs anything"

I hand up the phone suddenly because now I'm just agitated.

I can bet this new C.M.O is middle aged and is decades behind new innovations.

I head to the balcony and inhaled deeply.

I need to relax.
I need to smoke.

My father started this business with just a small cottage with 2 rooms in Portland. Back then, persons weren't so welcoming to that fact that a white, Italian, immigrant came on their lands to build and profit from locals.

Now that I'm older, totally understandable, based on the shit I've witnessed while working for him.

He then realized that he would make more profits at the north coast.

He now has five resorts and 4 attractions island wide.

John Kennedy.

I always looked up to him but then I realize if I try to be like him, I'll never be happy.

He constantly instilled this ideology in my head that I should only focus on the resort and put aside my fantasy of wanting a wife or a family in general.

It got so bad to the point I questioned his sexuality...

Because ain't no way...

Now I'm having meaningless sex with persons I don't even care for.

Just like my father.
Only difference is that he is married.

I only tolerated his behaviors because I wanted to impress him and be on his good side. Just so he can know that I am a worthy heir to the company. That's why I decided to do this project anyway.

But still no support.

But as moments went on, it didnt seem like he's going to give it up any time soon and even if he's dead he's still C.E.O.

At 28 years old, I shouldnt be having an internal conflict with myself about who I am and what I want.

I take my last puff from my spliff, put it in the ashtray and went back inside.

"I'll have to deal with the marketing lady before the meeting" I whispered to myself.

Refuse...

That's a first.

Now I'm a nervous wreck. I usually don't get overwhelmingly nervous for things like this but something feels different. Not only am I knowing my fate within the company, tomorrow.

I'm also seeing where my destiny lies.

..........................................................
Remember to vote❤