Never Alone.

Everything was dark. It was nearing dawn. The sun was yet to rise. A lone figure was sitting on the railing of the dam. He sat there with his legs dangling, lost in his thoughts. It was quiet except for the sound of the waters rushing below.
The figure, a young man, probably in his twenties, was holding a ring in his hand. The ring which he never removed from the day of his engagement. The ring that was put there by his husband. It was always with him. But now he doesn't know if it will stay.
Hours before the young man had sat in front of the operation theatre calling out to all the gods above. He was desperately waiting for any news about his beloved. Finally the doctor came out.
"Mr. Xiao, your husband was brought in with severe head injury. Though the car accident was not so damageable, unfortunately for your husband, he happened to be at the point of impact. Though his seatbelt saved his body from much harm except for a broken bone. His head collided with the window. One of the glass pieces tore a vein, we have managed to repair it but right now we cannot estimate the extent of the damage. We have currently put him on life support. Lets wait and hope for the best."
The doctor left him after saying this.
It has been a couple of hours since. Currently his parents and friends were at the hospital and he stepped out for some air. He was still sitting there watching the ring when someone spoke beside him.
" That's a beautiful ring."
Zhan was startled. He looked beside and saw someone sitting there. He didn't know when he came. Zhan kept staring at the beautiful person in front of him.
The boy in front of him was roaming about when he saw Zhan sit on the edge. He came over to make sure he was okay. Although he didn't expect him to hear him so he was quite surprised when the person turned towards him. After the short moment of surprise he gave a the person a small smile. He also got a weak smile in return.

" You can see me." He stated.

Zhan saw that that the boy was surprised. He simply nodded at his statement. But he didn't take his eyes off the person.

"Do you know your name?"Zhan asked.

The boy nodded. He was opening his mouth to say it when a loud whistle was blown. The gaurd of the dam came running towards Zhan. He had gotten off the railing by then. He threw some 'sorry's at the gaurd and ran away from there while the gaurd kept splurring curses at him.
Once he was quiet a safe distance away he slowed down and bend over to catch his breadth.

"Wang Yibo"

Zhan stood straight to see the same face that had disappeared a few moments ago.

" Why did you disappear? You know that he can't see you right?"

"Yeah, I still got scared." Said Yibo sheepishly.

Yibo was rubbing the back of his neck. Head slightly lowered. When Yibo raised his head back he saw Zhan suppressing his laugh.

"You shouldn't laugh at that. What if something happened to me."Exclaimed Yibo.

" You are a ghost." Zhan stated monotonously.

Zhan's statement just increased Yibo's emabarrasment. Still he kept his head high and walked away. Zhan just shook his head and followed behind him.

"Wait." He called out.

Yibo stopped and asked him what he wanted.

" What do you mean what I want. You were the one who came to me. I was sitting there peacefully. Now I have to help you."said Zhan.

" I don't want your help." Spat Yibo.

" Its not your choice. Ever since my husband came to know of my abilities, he made me promise that I will help every ghost no matter how much of a stubborn ass they are. So I am helping you, irrespective of your wish." By the end tears were brimming in Zhan's eyes.

Zhan looked away and blinked those tears away. Yibo felt bad.

"Fine. You can help me. But I don't remember anything expect my name."
Told Yibo.

"That's fine. You will. What's the last thing you can remember?" Asked Zhan.

"A coffee shop. Dahlia cafe." Said Yibo.

"Fine. Let's go there first."

They spend the entire day going to places Yibo remembered. His memory was still hazy. Now they stood in front of a hospital.

" I work here. I got a job two days back." Said Yibo.

" That's good. Go inside. You will remember something, even older....then eventually you will remember everything." Said Zhan and pushed him inside.

Zhan couldn't walk into the hospital himself. It was the hospital his husband currently laid in, fighting for his life. For now he had a mission, seeing his husband laying there will just make him weak.
Suddenly his phone rang.

" Zhan you need to come to the hospital. NOW. Something's wrong. They won't tell us anything. He-"
Zhan disconnected the call before his mother could finish. He ran into the hospital. He headed straight to his husband's room. But they didn't let him enter. He sat by the door once again praying to all the gods. The doctors finally came out.

Zhan took slow steps into the room. He was scared. His steps felt heavy. But he finally made it to the bed. His husband was asleep. His face too pale. He went and sat beside him on the bed and caressed his hand.
His husband slowly opened his eyes. He was too weak. He closed them again and scooted towards his husband. Zhan embraced him tighter.

" Zhan ge. Thank you for saving me." His husband said in a low voice.

"Don't thank me Yibo. Its my duty. Don't worry I am with you."
Yibo nodded slightly and went back to sleep. Zhan laid his head above Yibo's. He looked at his finger. His ring shone under the hospital lights.

Now he knew that the ring and his husband both are not going to leave him alone.