Never Late 3

Cheng and Haikuan were getting ready. Haikuan was over the moon. He was going to meet Yibo for dinner at his house. He couldn't believe it at first. His brother who had distanced himself for so long was now finally giving him a chance to become part of his life again.

Seeing Haikuan in such a good mood made Cheng happy too. Their love and worry for their brothers was what had brought them close in the first place. He knew how much Haikuan missed seeing his brother. Haikuan tried to satisfy himself with the little phone calls and small text messages he recieved but Cheng knew that he was longing for more. To be a part of his brother's life. To see him, to hug him, to play with his nephew. To spoil his nephew. And now finally he was getting a chance.

Yibo was busy in the kitchen preparing for the night's dinner, when the front door opened.
"I am back." Came Xiao Zhan's voice. He ruffled Ayuan's hair, who was busy watching t.v., earning some giggles from him.
Xiao Zhan moved towards the kitchen. He placed the bottle of beers he bought on the table.

" Did you get it? " Asked Yibo without turning back.

" Yeah. Are you done? Is there anything left to do? "

" No. I am done. Can you keep the beer in the fridge. There is still some time left before they come. "

" Okay. I'll be in the hall with Ayuan. Just call me if you need any help. "

" Hm. "

Xiao Zhan walked back to the living room to join Ayuan in watching Power Rangers.

After a minutes, Yibo was done in the kitchen and went to freshen up. He passed by the living room and saw Ayuan excitedly telling Xiao Zhan about his favourite power ranger. And Xiao Zhan listening with equal excitement. He couldn't help but grin. He slipped to the bathroom without either of them noticing.

At the beginning of the day he was nervous. Yesterday he had called his brother and invited him to his home. He was ecstatic to meet his brother at the same time he was scared. He was scared to tell his brother about Zhan. Six years ago when he first told his parents about his relationship they threw him out of the house. They emotionally blackmailed his brother into not contacting him. A year after when he got pregnant his then boyfriend also left him, scared of the responsibility. Ever since then he had been alone. And he had contented himself with that. He had accepted that he only had his son as his family. Then Zhan came. And for the first time in a while he started hoping. He started being greedy. Greedy for Zhan.
He was still pondering on how to convey his feelings to Zhan, when Zhan proposed him. He was elevated. But what took him over cloud nine was the fact that Zhan had included Ayuan in the proposal. He just wishes that his brother supports his relationship today. Either way he is not going to leave Zhan. He lived without his family until now he could do it in the future. But he would be much more happy if his brother was with him.

He was done showering and came out after putting on some clothes. When he came out he saw Ayuan on the bed with some flowers in his hand and a grin on his face. He was confused.
"Where did you get those flowers from?" Asked Yibo. But he didn't answer and kept looking at him. That's when Yibo felt something being placed on his head. He took that and realised that it was crown of flowers. He turned back and saw Zhan standing there with a smile.

"Where did you get this from?" Asked Yibo.

" The shop downstairs. "

" It's beautiful. "

" I think it's okay."

Zhan took the crown from his hands and placed it on his head.

And then said, " Hm, now it looks beautiful, but not as much as you. "
Yibo chuckled.
Zhan's smile grew wider. " Thank you. " Said Yibo.

" That's not how you thank me. "

" Then how do I thank you?"

" You know I accept thanks from you in kisses. "

Yibo chuckled but complied nevertheless. He kissed him on the cheek. And said, " Now shoo. I need to change. "

" I have no problem. You can change. "

Yibo made an irritated face and pushed Zhan out of the room, who had picked up Ayuan on the way.

Once outside the room, Zhan heard his phone ringing. He checked the phone and saw that his brother was calling. He didn't pick up the call. After the call got disconnected, he saw that there was one more missed call from his brother a few minutes back. He knew his brother was calling about the missed appointment. He was not in the right mindset to make up an excuse or to hear his lectures. He is already nervous to meet Yibo's brother. He does not want to spoil his mood now.

Haikuan and Cheng were in their car travelling towards Yibo's house. When Cheng cursed out loud. Haikuan was a bit startled.

" He is not picking up my calls. He knows why I am calling. " Said Cheng absolutely not hiding his irritation.

" Relax honey. He is big enough. If he missed an appointment there might be a reason. Please don't work up yourself. " Haikuan soothed him.

Haikuan was rather happy at Zhan missing his appointment. Zhan irritated him to no end.

Though Cheng was mad, he decided to forget the matter for now. Haikuan was over the moon as he was meeting his brother. He didn't wanted to spoil his mood. So he didn't speak about it anymore.

After a few more minutes of driving, they finally entered the complex. Both of them equally confused.

"Cheng isn't this the complex where Zhan lives? " Asked Haikuan.

"Yeah.... You sure you have the right address?"

" I can't believe he was so near to me." Exclaimed Haikuan .

Haikuan parked his car and they went in. And finally they were standing in front of Yibo's house. Cheng rang the bell. The door was opened by Yibo.

Haikuan was overwhelmed at meeting. That was his little brother in front of him. He was seeing him after so long. Last time he had seen him he was thinner and had blonde hair. Now he looked much more mature with black hair. He didn't know when tears filled his eyes. He moved forward and hugged him tight. Yibo reciprocated the hug equally. Cheng didn't disturb their moment. After a few moments both of them separated with wet cheeks.
Yibo welcomed them inside. Haikuan introduced Cheng to Yibo as they entered.

Cheng looked around the apartment. While Haikuan was observing his brother. His childish brother had grown to a responsible adult. He felt guilty. He couldn't protect him. He was brought out of his reverie by Cheng's shout.

" What are you doing here ? " Shouted Cheng

Haikuan followed his eyes and was surprised as well at seeing Zhan there. He was holding Ayuan.

Zhan was frozen at seeing Yibo's brother. He never in his million thoughts, considered Yibo's brother being his psychiatrist. He knew the name was familiar.

It was Yibo who broke the silence.
" Um brother, he is my boyfriend. Xiao Zhan. "

Cheng and Haikuan exclaimed together, " WHAT!!"

Both of them looked towards Zhan with murder in their eyes.
Zhan gave them a nervous smile.