Save you

The police jeep stopped in front of the station. The police men dragged a man out of the jeep. The man wasn't resisting or fighting them. He went along with them wordlessly. They took him inside and pushed him inside the cell.

After about an hour the Police chief came back from his rounds. He went in and looked through a few reports.
After being done with that he thought of going home. Before leaving he asked the men if there was anyone in the cells. They were going to tell him about the man when another man rushed in.
The chief looked up and recognised the person, " Hey Zhan. What happened? Wait is Yibo in trouble again ?"
The man , Zhan , told, "Yes sir. Um he is in there. " He pointed towards the cells. The chief immediately told the man beside him to get the boy out.
" I am sorry Zhan. I was not here. I didn't know. "

"That's fine Sir. "

The man brought Yibo out. Zhan pulled him towards him and hugged him tight.

"Zhan, you may leave. I'll handle the rest. " The chief said.

Zhan nodded and left with Yibo.

The policeman asked the chief, " Sir why did you let them go just like that?"

The chief answered him, " He is Xiao Zhan, one of the well known lawyers in the state. Don't be deceived by his looks. He is cunning like a fox. The only thing he cares about is that kid he took with him. His kleptomaniac boyfriend, Wang Yibo. Its a good thing he left without much fuss. Next time just bring him in and let him wait wait on the benches until Zhan comes to pick him up. "

"Ok sir."
The constable saluted and left.

                            *************

Zhan sat in the car. Yibo still in his arms.
" I am sorry Zhan ge. " Said Yibo.

" Hey. Don't be sorry. I know you didn't mean it. Its fine. "

" You had to save me again. I always embarass you. "

" No you don't. Besides I promised you  that I will always save you. Didn't I ? "

"Thank you Zhan ge. " Yibo said and buried his face in Zhan's chest.

Zhan's placed a kiss on top of Yibo's head and hugged him tighter.

                            **************

Zhan and Yibo were shopping. Yibo didn't usually come to places like this in case he stole something. But with Zhan he felt a bit more comfortable going out.

After paying the bill they were going out the doors when the alarm went off. Immediately they were surrounded by the security. They  checked them and their bags . They found a pair of glasses from Yibo.

Yibo felt ashamed and guilty. He could hear the security and the floor manager throwing insults on them. And Zhan arguing with them. He also noticed the crowd that had formed around them. But all of it seemed so far away. He couldn't bring himself to look up. Tears fell from his eyes.

Zhan was angry. Yes Yibo did a mistake. But it was not on purpose. How dare they accuse him of shoplifting and call them cheap. He pledged that he will teach the stupid gaurds and the manager a lesson. He saw that a crowd had gathered around. He would have loved to stay and give them a few lessons on respect and  customer service but he knew how much Yibo hated this so he left his bags and took Yibo out of that place.

From taking him out of that place to bringing him home, Yibo had not once looked up or spoke anything. Yibo always hated himself for this. He went as far as locking himself in the house to avoid such scenarios. It had gone upto a month before Zhan realised that Yibo hadn't gone out at all. This was bound to affect him badly.

When they reached the house Yibo immediately went to their room and laid on the bed hiding himself inside all the covers. Zhan decided to give him some space. He went to the kitchen to make some dinner. About 2 hours later he went to their bedroom.

Yibo was still inside the covers. He lifted the covers. Yibo had definately been crying. There were tear tracks on his cheek and his nose and eyes were all red and swollen. He was still sobbing softly.

Zhan kissed his cheek and told him that it was okay. That none of it was his fault. He asked him to come for dinner.

Yibo got out of the covers and sat on the edge of the bed. Zhan stood up and started walking hoping Yibo would follow him. But he stopped when he heard Yibo call him.

"Zhan ge." The sobbing had increased. Fresh tears were falling out.

"Let's breakup. " He said.

Zhan's eyes widened. He sat in front of Yibo on his knees. He took his hands and spoke, " What are you talking about Yibo . Absolutely not. "

Yibo began crying. " But I want to. I don't want to embarass you anymore. I don't want to embarass myself anymore. I don't want to go out at all. I hate myself. I knew I shouldn't take the glasses. But I still did it. I knew I have to pay for them. But I still didn't. I just created a huge scene. I don't want to go out anymore. Zhan ge please. I don't want to burden you anymore. "

Yibo was wailing. Tears falling down continuously. Zhan's eyes filled too. He held his hands tighter and said,
" Honey its not your fault. You are diagnosed with kleptomania. You didn't do it on purpose. I know it. And you don't embarrass me. And you will never be a burden to me. "

"No. No....I am....(sob)...Zhan ge...(sob)....."

"No you are not Yibo. "

"Don't....want....(sob)...t-hurt you...."

"No you don't baby. Please calm down okay. I am here. Iam not leaving you. "

"Zhan ge....(crying).....but....."

"Hold on baby...."

Zhan stood up and went outside. Yibo was still crying. Zhan came back in a few minutes and took his previous position. He spoke,

" Yibo. I love you. I love you a lot. You will never ever embarrass me or be burden to me. When I saved you from prison the first time I told you that I will always save you. But now I tell you as your boyfriend and your future husband ( slides a ring into Yibo's ring finger) that I will always be by your side and protect you. "

Yibo saw the ring. He felt so warm. He  got down on the floor and hugged Zhan. He was crying now, but not because of sadness but because of happiness. Thanking all the gods above for giving him Xiao Zhan.

                        *************

The small church was decorated beautifully for the wedding of Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo. Zhan stood on the altar waiting for his bride. His best man and Yibo's brother stood beside him. Soon Yibo came. He was led to the altar by his father. Before standing beside Zhan he hugged his brother once.

It was time for the ring ceremony. Zhan turned to his best man for the ring. He put his hand in his coat pocket but he realised that the ring was missing. He checked all his pockets but still couldn't find the ring. The people began murmuring.

Zhan turned to look at Yibo. He spoke in a low voice, " I am sorry Yibo-"
Before he could complete Yibo held out a box with the ring while looking down.

Xiao Zhan chuckled and said, "Thank God. You saved me Yibo. " He put slid the ring on his finger.

The people chuckled too while Yibo had a smile on his face.