Free of Charge 2

It was at breakfast that Song Lan brought up the topic of getting a tattoo . Wang Yibo was not overly enthusiastic about the idea. But Song Lan was persistent. In the end Yibo was the one who surrendered.

However he did manage to form a truce. He was willing to look at some designs made by the tattoo artist and if he likes them, he will agree to get a tattoo.

" Xiao Zhan you are early! " exclaimed Wen Ning.

Zhan defended himself saying, " I know that I can be a bit careless at times. But I am responsible bussiness owner. Of course I will come to the shop if need be. "

" You have never come to the shop before 11 " Wen Ning deadpanned.

" ' If need be' Wen Ning. Today we have an appointment at 9:30 "

Wen Ning was baffled. " There has never been any need because you refused to take appointments before 11. And who did you give the time to. I need to know who did the great Xiao Zhan deem important enough to give up his sleep for. "

" No one. " Xiao Zhan wanted to end the discussion there, but his assistant was adamant that he tell him. But Zhan was no less stubborn and continued to skirt around the topic. However amidst their squabble they failed to notice the clock, the time that went ahead paying no attention to their gibberish. And before either of them knew, the time was past 9:30 and the door to the parlour opend revealing their first customer of the day.

Song Lan was happy today. On the other hand, after being dragged by him into the car all the while insisting that they meet the artist today so that he start with the designs, Yibo did not share in his jovial spirit. Nonetheless Yibo's sourness did not dampen Song Lan's cheerfulness in any way. He drove to the tattoo parlour all the while humming a melody softly. After reaching their destination, Song Lan got off the car while Yibo fallowed him lethargically. After they both had reached the door. Song Lan pushed it open, startling the occupants for a moment. But they were quick to recover and one of them ushered them inside.

Wen Ning was momentarily startled when the door opened abruptly. But then he immediately took charge by welcoming them inside. Of course he knew one of them. He was the guy who had helped create posters for their offer. He was a well know acquiatance. The one accompanying him must be his friend, Wen Ning assumed.

Song Lan was familiar with the interior of the store. He has been here a lot of times. He had also helped Zhan out in several occasions, when Zhan had tattoos that needed written lettering. He would often assist him with his caligraphic skills. Yibo was there for the first time. So he took his time to look around and take in the ambience the shop created. He particularly looked closely at the sample designs displayed on the notice board. Much to his dissapointment, they were quite simple and did not hold his attention for a long time. He hoped that the artist was able to design something better.

Zhan was awestruck. He stood there as he was as he looked at his customer. The photos did him no justice.

The day before.....

Song Lan was browsing through the internet as he didn't feel sleepy yet, when he recieved a call. It was Zhan.

" Hey sorry for disturbing you. But the friend you spoke about. What kind of tattoo does he have in mind? Does he have a particular theme? How long is his scar? What is his aesthetic....Is he a sweet and cute type or a punk type? "
Zhan started rambling on.....

Song Lan was overwhelmedd by the amount questions being thrown at him. He immediately interuppted Zhan before he could go any further," Zhan Stop! Tomorrow morning we will come to your place and you can ask these questions to him yourself. And when you see him you can decide his 'aesthetic' too. "

" But I have so many ideas right now. I want to get some sample designs ready for him. "

"It's the middle of the night. This is definately too late to be up for work. Go to sleep Zhan. I will get him there tomorrow. Plus he is in no rush to get a tattoo. You will have a lot of time to design something."

" But....ok fine. Sorry for disturbing you. Can you atleast send me a photo. So that I could have some idea...."

"Fine. I will send you his picture now. But he himself will show you the scar tomorrow. "

" OK thanks. Bye."

And the line disconnected even before he could give a reply. He had to admit though, that Zhan was a dedicated guy. And he deserved the success he was getting now. Before he surely judged him a little for all the family money. But he proved him wrong. Before going to sleep Song Lan sent one of Yibo's photos. On the other hand Zhan sat amidst a myriad of unfinished designs. When his phone pinged, he immediately took it to see the picture Song Lan sent him. When he saw the picture all the paper and designs around him seemed to be a waste. He had just the perfect tattoo for him. It was made just for him.

The next day Zhan was really excited to see Yibo. So he was up and about early. That is also the reason why he reached the shop on time.And then finally , he came face to face with Yibo. His mind went blank and he was left speechless. And then abruptly his mind got filled with memories.

Memories of him and Yibo.......