Never Alone 2

"That'll be 150." Said Xiao Zhan to his last customer.
The customer paid the money and left. While closing up Zhan wished all the customers were as easy as him. To be honest not all the customers require his help. Most just came to him thinking that he was just a cheap fortune teller looking into a globe telling your luck for the weak.

Xiao Zhan lost his parents when he was five. He grew up with his grandmother. His grandmother had a gift of being able to see ghosts so she used to help people help their loved ones. Zhan had the same gift. So he also helped people out. But other than that he had a day job where he earned a well enough salary.

Zhan was walking back towards his house when he collided with someone on the road. He fell along with them. He saw beside him and saw a young man. He appeared to be drunk. He was mumbling something, eyes half closed.
He stood up and pulled him up. The man got up, but stumbled and fell on his chest all the while he was saying something. Zhan brought his ear  near his mouth to hear him clearly.
"Stop....help...please....help... someone...please..."
Zhan raised his head and looked around. He saw a group of men walking towards them. They were clearly drunk. They were walking haphazardly and looking around calling for someone and creating nuisance. Zhan got the picture. Luckily for him, he spotted a taxi and went home with the man.

Zhan sat on his dinning table drinking his coffee when the young man from the night before came down the stairs.
He saw Zhan and came towards him.
He spoke, " Umm....I am sorry for yesterday. And...uh...um...thank you for saving me. And....uh....yeah... I am leaving now."
He  turned to leave when Zhan stopped him and asked him to join for breakfast. At first he was a bit reluctant but soon gave in.

"My name is Xiao Zhan. What is yours?"

"Wang Yibo."

"So what do you do"

"Um. I am a student right now. I am studying to become a doctor."

"Oh nice. What speciality?  "

" Pediatrics."

"So you like children huh? "

"Yeah....sort of..."

"So...how did you end up like that yesterday? "

"Um...I was having drinks yesterday then someone came and talked to me and then he gave me a drink and then the others came and then I came out but....you know..."

"Yeah. Drinking lesson 101:do not take drinks from strangers. First time huh."

" Yeah..."

They completed their breakfast with such small talks.
Before leaving Yibo left his number and promised Zhan a lunch.

                       *************

' Hey '
'This is Xiao Zhan'
                                                       'Hey'
                                                   'Whats up'
'All good.'
                                                          '🙂'
               ' How about lunch tomorrow'

'Sounds good'
'Also I wanted to ask you something.'

                                                        'Sure'
' Tomorrow'
🙃
                               ***********

" Would you go on a date with me? "
Asked Zhan after their date. Yibo nodded his head.
"Ok. I will text you the time and place soon."
"Yeah. Ok."
After a minute of awkward silence both of them went their ways.

                         **************

A dinner at a beachside restaurant.
Their first date. Zhan was quite a gentleman. Yibo was a bit quite. It kind of scared Zhan.
After a late dinner they decided to have a walk on the beach. It was silent. None of them spoke a word. Until Zhan spoke, " Did you like the date? "
" Yeah. "

"You sure? You are really quite. "

" Oh. I am sorry. I just don't talk a lot. "

" Its okay. I just thought it was because you didn't like me."

" Oh no. I do. I mean I like you. "

"Okay...............I like you too."

The silence that followed was not awkward. It was good. Both of them too shy to speak anything.

                         *************

Yibo's shyness only lasted for about 3 dates before he began to open up. Xiao Zhan just fell deeper. Yibo was whiny and sometimes a bit bratty but not too annoying. Xiao Zhan felt that he had just the right amount of childishness.
Yibo on the other hand felt quite comfortable with Xiao Zhan. He admitted that he liked him a lot. Xiao Zhan was the perfect gentleman.

Both of them thoroughly enjoyed their time together.
Zhan had not yet told Yibo about his ability to see ghosts. Almost all his past relationships ended because of this. With Yibo he was tremendously scared to talk about. Yibo felt special. And he didn't wanted to lose him. But he had tell him oneday.

He will soon....

To be continued.....