Chapter 3

After Christopher showed them around he told them "not to be rude but I must go and get some paperwork filled out." Emily said "it's ok, Ben and I can unload the horses and we'll get them in stalls. Also, is it ok if I practice in your arena?" Christopher said "of course I won't stop you also I will have a barn hand walking around and doing his job." Emily said "ok, I'll just let him know what's going on with my horses."

Emily and Ben went home after a long day but in the morning they came back bright and early. Emily told Ben that she'll be working with the horses for a little while because she got them all in their stalls. She also said that she can make their stall decorations.

Ben went to Spice's stall to check on her and her foal, he was trying to think of a name for him. While he was doing this Emily was tacking Hazelnut up to get her ready to ride. As she was doing this the barn hand ran into her as she was getting Hazelnut ready. The barn hand said "who are you? Well actually let me tell you who I am. I'm the barn hand, my real name is Jacob though and I'm so, so sorry for running into you." Emily said "It's ok, I'm Emily, I'm just kinda storing my horses here for a little while. If you have time you can watch me and Hazelnut run barrels." Jacob said "that sounds perfect, too bad I'm busy, but I suppose it can wait." Emily laughed and got Hazelnut ready while Jacob walked out towards the arena.

Emily started as a traught as she walked into the arena enerance, but instead of fully entering she backed up some so she could start as a run. She set a stopwatch and started playing music. After she did all that she got on her horse and got ready to run. Hazelnut took off going extremely fast, she took the first turn lower than usual then the second one her normal pace and the last one the fastest she has ever gone. Before they got out Emily paused the stop watch with only 11.56.78 seconds on it.

Jacob shouted "that was very impressive, I haven't seen anybody's horse run that fast in a while." Emily said "ya she's a pretty fast girl, she's also really gorgeous. Well I've gotta wash her so if you want you can help. I've also got to get her ready for her show performance next week." Jacob said "how about you practice it right now because I'd love to watch your amazing run or show." Emily said "ok it won't be the best because it's a mix between barrel racing, vaulting, and jumping. It's still a little messy but I'll do it."

Emily started her performance by doing a barrel run then she started to get up and do her vaulting tricks and the best thing was when she was standing on her knees while doing a regular jump. After that she did a clean run of jumps, she did the highest jump they would allow and it looked really good. Christopher started clapping at the end of her routine, and Emily said "thank you" while giggling. She then said "are you ready to wash her and get her ready." Jacob said "yes, I just have to do one thing."

Emily asked "and what would that be because I'm sure I can help." Jacob said "feeding the horses and I don't see why you couldn't" They went to feed the horses and goofed off a bit here and there but they got it done in an hour. After they got it done Emily grabbed some Supplies to wash Hazelnut.

They started washing hazelnut and then Emily saw the one person who she never wanted to see again after he pulled a little stunt on her. He was her ex, Jeremy, he cheated on her with her ex-best friend. Emily told Jacob "what's he doing here, I knew he had a horse but I didn't know it was here." Jacob replied saying "He does, his horse's name is Flash, do you know him?" Emily answered with a sigh saying "yes, very well he's my ex he kinda cheated on me." Jacob said "you wanna make him jealous, it can't can't be too hard to do."

Emily said "why not, if anything it'll be for my joy." Jacob grabbed Emily's hand and started walking towards Jeremy acting like they didn't see him. Jeremy saw them and said "Emily? Jacob she probably didn't tell you but she's my ex. Have fun with my seconds. She's a handful and she definitely needs attention 24/7." Jeremy said "nah she's definitely a winner you were lucky to even be able to speak to her. She did tell me that you acted as she was basically not enough to fill your major ego. Anyways we're going to grab more soap to finish washing Hazelnut unless that's a problem." Jeremy rolled his eyes and walked away and tried to hide the embarrassment and the jealousy.

Emily hugged Jacob and said "you are now most definitely my bestfriend how did you even come up with that?" Jacob replied saying "I've got a few tricks up my sleeve but we should actually hurry back to hazelnut before he messes with her." Emily shook her head and grabbed his hand and walked back in a fast pace. Jacob thought to himself "she's so amazing I think I'll like having her around. Maybe I can become more than a best friend but we can only hope."

Emily and Jacob finished washing Hazelnut, Jacob decided to ask Emily if she wanted to go on a trail ride and of course Emily said yes.......