Chapter 4

Jacob had an idea to set up the spot as a picnic for them to have fun. Emily was hanging out with the new foal and asked Ben "Have you thought of a name for it yet?" Ben answered "yes but I wanted to see if you liked it." Emily said "Tell me, tell me, tell me." with an excited tone. Ben said "since it's a boy I think the name Storm fits him, because of all the craziness that happened when he was born or the name Rocky." Emily giggled and said "I like Rocky, that'll be his name it fits him perfectly."

After Emily and Ben named Rocky, Ben left and Emily saw that it was almost time for the ride. She hurried to get Hazelnut ready once she did, she started walking Hazelnut where Jacob told her to meet him. As she's walking there she runs into Jeremy. Jeremy said "I see someone's getting a little to comfy around here. Especially with that barn hand and also where's your saddle, or are you not enough for that too." he said while laughing. Emily said "very funny but no, I don't need it unless I'm vaulting and honestly he's a really good person, I'm sorry I refuse to date someone like you again. Jacobs is actually a really good guy compared to a jerk like you."

Jeremy said "I'm not a jerk, I'm just too good for you." Emily said "oh you wish you were, you are far from that you are the literal definition of a jerk. I find it b.s. That you believe you are too good, you are far from too good. You wish you could be as good as Jacob." Jacob was listening to this conversation from around the corner, he realized that Emily was a good person and she might like him. Jeremy said "stop defending him you are lucky I don't smack yo-" but before he could finish Jacob interrupted him. He said "don't talk to her that way. She deserves to be treated way better than you ever thought of treating her. Got it?" Jeremy shook his head yes, in fear if he didn't, Jacob would smack him.

Jacob grabbed Emily's hand and walked Hazelnut and Emily towards his horse, Pumpkin. Jacob said "Emily tell me the truth, why did you just defend me, do you like m-." Emily interrupted him saying "For one I defended you because you are a nice guy and for two I can't get a crush the first day I meet someone." Jacob said "that's a lie, you and I both know that you can get a crush the first day you meet someone." Emily said "ok, but still I'm not gonna say I do. Especially if it's the first day I met you." Jacob said "understandable but still just don't forget that if you do catch feelings for me just please tell me." Emily shook her head yes as they both got on their horse's and headed out to the spot Jacob picked.

Emily decided to text Ben and tell him that she won't be home for dinner. Jacob picked a spot where there is a perfect view of the sunset and where they could tie their horses to. With it already being around 8:20, the sun was already setting and it was getting pretty cold out. Jacob saw Emily shivering and gave her his jacket so she wasn't cold. They ate the nice meal Jacob put together and watched the sunset before making it back, they fell asleep at the same spot they ate at.

Emily woke up to what seemed like hundreds of messages and calls from Ben. She shook Jacob and once he woke up she said "we fell asleep and I think Ben's worried." Jacob said "I'm so sorry I didn't mean to let you fall asleep." Emily grabbed her stuff and called Ben.

Jacob said "please don't be mad at me, I'll take full blame, and after all it was my fault." Emily said "I'm not mad, it wasn't just your fault, and we were just hanging out. He has no reason to be mad, right?" Jacob said "I don't know you kinda just fell asleep with someone you don't know very well." Emily said "he can't be mad at me because he does this kind of stuff all the time." Jacob said "well at least call him, let him know that you're safe." Emily shook her head yes and called Ben.

The conversation they had wasn't the best. Ben answered saying "so now you're going around eating dinner with a random boy and not coming home. You know mom and dad would be mad if they were still here!" Emily said "I'm done with your stuff you pull the same thing all the time you know how many times I had to fend for myself while you were out sleeping with random girls and going out to eat. What about that or does that just not occur to you, I forgot I can't do anything wrong or you bring up mom and dad. I can't actually enjoy myself, I can't actually have a good time, only you can. I'm sorry I forgot, bye, I'll come home when I want." Emily hung the phone up and said to Jacob "what are we doing today?"