chapter 6

Ben yelled at the sight of the vet (mike) in the barn looking for the horses. What Ben yelled, nobody would know. At least that's what Mike wanted, but things end differently.

Once Mike heard Ben yell he ran up to him grabbed the knife threw it and tied Ben up and put him in the horse trailer not wanting to get in any more trouble he just left. The only evidence that he was there was the spilled grain and food, plus Ben's knife and flashlight on the floor.

Ben wasn't worried about being kidnapped or even being murdered. The top thing on his mind was taking away the fact that Emily won't have anyone especially if Jacob doesn't last. This was the first time where he was going to fight to stay alive and in Emily's life. She couldn't go through another loss especially if Ben is the only one she has that is immediate or biological family.

While all this was going on Emily and Jacob were at the dance and Jacob realized Emily didn't seem too comfortable around the drunk guys, almost like someone had done something to her before. Something Jacob didn't know was that Emily's dad got drunk around her once and he became abusive. Emily walked up to Jacob to try and get him to leave but he didn't want to leave because he was enjoying it. Instead of staying Emily walked out after Jacob saw that he ran after her.

Once he caught up to her he grabbed her hand and started walking to the car. All he wanted was for Emily to be comfortable, so once he got to the car they got in. Jacob asked "what happened I thought you were having fun?" Emily said "I'm not too comfortable around drunk people so if you want I can just walk home." Jacob said "no, we'll go to a restaurant, I promised a fun night that is what you're going to get. We also can go to the race track once you and I change though." Emily said "that sounds so, so much batter. I'm sorry about wasting your money on these clothes." Jacob said "you didn't, you can just use it another time." Emily shook her head ok, they reached the restaurant named Ghezzi's. Emily realized how nice this restaurant was and realized how expensive it looked.

Before they went in Jacob hurried and booked a table, luckily for them there was just one table left and they had to wait till six p.m., but it was only five-forty five p.m.. Emily didn't want to spend more than $25 on her meal, but she knew Jacob was gonna let her get whatever she wanted.

They walked in and got seated at their table. Emily looked through the menus realizing it was Italian which might make her understand the name a little better (Ghezzi means dark). Jacob ordered himself a glass of water, while Emily ordered a sweet tea. They ordered an appetizer of Spicy Shrimp Marinette Vegetables for $13.95. Emily felt bad because she knew the total would come up to a great, big price.

They got their drinks and appetizers. They finished those in like 20 minutes. After they ate the appetizers they got next they ordered separate dishes for the main course, which Emily got hers under the veal(the flesh of the calf used as food) section, so did Jacob. Emily got Veal Parmigiana which was surprisingly only $24.95, Jacob had got the Veal Scarpariello which was a little more expensive than Emily's the price was $26.95. They got that and finished it before 6:45. Jacob said "I'll pay, I have an extra pair of jeans and a shirt that might fit you in the back seat of the truck, you go change so we can get ready for the race." Emily shook her head yes and got changed and waited on Jacob which took her 10 minutes. The price came up to $95.85 with the tip.

They left the restaurant at 6:50 and Jacob had jeans under his pants and a regular shirt under. They ended up at the racetrack at 7:30 exactly when the races started. They were racing sprint cars, trucks, and the small regular cars(Ford fiestas and things such as that). The trucks went first and got done around 7:50 almost 8. Then the regular cars raced and it took them a good 20 minutes to get ready and then finished up around 8:40. They had stopped the racers for 30 minutes so that the fans could meet them, then gave the sprint cars 20 minutes for warming up. After all that it was already 9:10, the sprint cars took a good hour for heats then another hour for the final race. The race ended at 11:10 . They still hadn't got out till 11:30.

Ben was still kidnapped, he had been in the weird area for a while but he was more confused than anything. The next thing he knew he heard was a yell from a girl.............