0102 // you're mine

0102 // you're mine!
© SACRIFICE

A few days later Jules was invited by Rafe to Tannyhill to watch movies with him. However, Rafe failed to mention that his friends, Topper and Kelce, would also be present.

When she arrived at the Cameron's home Jules had made a beeline for Sarah's room so she would join the watch party. There was no way in hell she was going to be the only one amongst them that had a firm grip on their sanity. (Sarah laughed at her friend's reasoning, but agreed to join anyways.)

Roughly twenty minutes had gone by after the girls had made their way downstairs, and there was still no feature film selected to watch. There was plenty of banter back and forth about what they all wanted to watch, but there wasn't enough decisions being made. So Jules ultimately made the final call. Like she always seems to do.

"Alright! We're watching She's The Man," she announced, snatching up the thick DVD case from Kelce. "Any objections? No? Okay, then shut up and watch."

She carefully slid the disc out of its slot and into the DVD player. Once the disc spun the TV to life she shuffled back to the couch to flop down in between the Cameron siblings. Rafe didn't bother waiting for her to situate and get comfortable before he was dragging her into his chest and cradling her against him. One of his arms had coiled around her torso and found her hand with little to no trouble.

The gesture had Jules' face heating up.

"God, I love it when you take initiative," Rafe whispered in her ear as the movie began.

"Yeah?" she whispered back, tilting her head to look at him.

He had a slight smirk on his face.

"Yeah."

"You guys are gross," Topper piped up.

Rafe immediately swore harshly at his friend who sat on the loveseat on the opposite end of the couch, then turned his attention back to the television. Jules chuckled quietly as she swung her legs up onto Sarah's lap. Sarah shot her a quick glance, but said nothing as the opening scene started.

Throughout the movie Jules shamelessly quoted along with it, and Sarah was right there with her. She's The Man has been one of their movies for as long as either of them could remember. They could definitely quote it word-for-word, and probably without even watching it.

And Jules knew Rafe was constantly looking at her, laughing at each and every line she quoted. She ignored him and his burning stare as best as she could.

Then, by the time Viola was arriving at Illyria as her twin brother Sebastian, Jules untangled herself from Rafe's arms and stood. She was starting to get a little hungry, so she headed towards the kitchen. But not without Rafe.

Jules tried not to focus on Rafe's presence as he followed her into the kitchen. However, proved to be futile once she was reaching up in to the cabinet she knew the pretzels were. Rafe came up behind her and threw his arms around her torso, thus pulling her flush against his chest. She had nearly had her snack in hand, but the pretzels toppled off the shelf onto the counter. Rafe grabbed it before Jules could, and she could hear the sound of plastic landing on the island behind him.

"You should be more careful, angel," he gently scolded her, his voice right in her ear.

He had his hands grazing her stomach, and she struggled to repress the shiver that rippled through her entire body. Her teeth were digging in to her bottom lip when she finally made the decision to turn around.