pain only makes us stronger

——————⋆◦★◦⋆——————

——————⋆◦★◦⋆——————

Yelena throws her baton down as she arms herself with her gun, removing the safety and pointing it towards Clint "You're the reason my sisters dead. I will not let you kill my niece either."

Clint shakes his head groaning saying "Mackenzie is my daughter. dna or no dna she's my daughter-"

Yelena kicks him down and he spits blood into the ground. Yelena walks towards him with the gun extended in her hands.

Clint whistles the distinct tune towards Yelena off key and loudly. Whistling both parts of the tune. Yelena's demanor shifts.

"How do you know that?" Yelena pauses immediately at the sound of the whistle.

Her chest drops and he climbs to his knees to look at Yelena.

He pants out heavy breaths as he says "Your secret whistle with Nat. She talked about you all the time, Yelena."

The gun lowers in Yelena's hands as she says shakily "She did?"

Clint nods saying "You were the highly requested topic of bedtime stories to Mackenzie

Clint nods saying "You were the highly requested topic of bedtime stories to Mackenzie." Yelena's tears begin to well up as she desperately reaches for scraps and memories of her sister.

"What did she say?"

He can't make eye contact as he says "She told me about how you got separated as kids. She was flying that plane. I asked her if she was scared... All she could think about is that you were safe."

The present frown and sadness presents itself on Yelena's face as she intently listens. "That never changed, Yelena. She loved you. And always wanted you safe."

Yelena breaks into sobs nearly whimpering with sadness.

"You got so much time with her."

He nods saying "Yes I did. But I still have Mackenzie and she will always be my piece of Natasha I still have."

"