1 - Just Once More

"I really wish I could take back everything and start over just once more..." ~Just Lose It (Hurt So Much), Pets Tseng

xxxxxx

"You're spacing out again."

Those words distracted Amy from her musings while she stared outside the window of the library where she stayed after her class that day. Yes, she spent her afternoon like thatーin such a boring way.

Or at least most people thought of it like that. But it was her way of recalling that memory. Ten months since that amazing adventure she had in a mystical world called Narnia. She never asked to be anything extraordinary as she still loved the ordinary life she had lived so far. But in Narnia, it wasn't the case at all.

It was the time when the Kings and Queens of Old suddenly disappeared that Amy appeared in Narnia. A world of near turmoil with no one to lead them all because of their rulers' disappearance. A time when a new hope sprang upon her arrival to rebuild that world. It wasn't easy considering the wars, invasion attempts and all. But she strived to survive it, only because she had to. At first, it was done for that reason. Over time, she came to realize that surviving alone wasn't a long term thing.

At one point, there were people who could make them realize that.

Narnia made her realize those things.

"What are you sketching again?" Amy's friend Lisa asked as she approached her and sat with her placing a chair in front of the table that she used.

"I'm not sketching. I'm writing. You know it's my way of releasing my frustration over many things these days."

"Tell me about it. School issues really have their way of frustrating the hell out of me." Lisa sighed as she took Amy's notebook where she wrote another chapter for her ongoing novel. "At least you had your way of dealing with them. And I'm having a new reason not to focus on useless people by reading the things you're writing. Though I have to be honest... it seems like you've truly experience these things you were writing here. The descriptions were truly vivid."

But a smile only surfaced on Amy's face as she grabbed some of her books and notebooks scattered on the table and placed them in her backpack. She and Lisa had gone their separate ways as soon as they got out of the library since Lisa had to attend a club activity and she needed to head home because her grandmother would be coming over.

Like I actually experienced it... Lisa had no idea about Amy's adventure in Narnia, nor did she even mention it to her because she knew her friend would never believe her. Or at least she had that feeling.

Yes, the ongoing novel she had been writing was about her adventure in Narnia as its queen right after the Golden Age. Amy's reign there only took a decade and a half, as she became known as "Queen Amaya, The Dawn" instead of just Queen Amy. Well, she only used her full name for formal purposes at the time. She thought that they got her that title because of her arrival there at around dawn and had saved some Talking Beasts almost getting attacked by an invader.

The Dawn... The beginning of a new day...

Walking home instead of using her bicycle was something she started doing after her Narnian adventure. Maybe it became a habit since then. There was supposed to be a reason why, but she couldn't think of anything other than she made it a habit to walk around Cair Paravel every morning and not even the maids and her ladies-in-waiting could stop me from doing so.

Like the usual thing, she stopped by at a famous writer's memorial hall. To be honest, Amy had only read a few of his books in her life. But those few books were more than enough to change her and her life. She remembered that she was reading one of those books when she got transported to Narnia.

This time, however, she chose not to go inside the memorial hall. She only stayed outside and looked at the painting outside the hall instead.
She couldn't help looking at it with a frown since this was the first time she had seen this.

The painting was about a lion looking over a mound of some sort, illuminated by the rising sun. She had a feeling in her that this place portrayed in the painting was familiar.

Have I been here before? But that was impossible, right? Especially the lion part. Why would a lion gaze at the mound like that?

Wait a minute... "A lion?" It wasn't long before a thought hit her at that moment. "It can't be...!"

What came next after that was the thunderous roar of a lion... coming from the painting!

xxxxxx

The rest of the Narnians that gathered in the forest after coming across and meeting the Pevensies and Trumpkin finally reached Aslan's How. It wasn't long before the siblings finally realized why that place was important in its own rights. The murals telling about the Golden Age... and the cracked Stone Table.

But for some reason, there was one particular mural that Edmund couldn't stop looking at. And yet it wasn't about the Golden Age at all, but from a period that the Narnians called the Aurora Aeonーthe time period when the chosen queen that arrived at dawn brought peace to Narnia once again after the Pevensies disappeared.

"I can't believe a young woman did something like this after we returned to our world," Peter commented the moment he approached Edmund.

"I know, which makes me want to meet her at least once, if that's even possible."

Peter couldn't help smiling at Edmund's words laced with his brother's obvious curiosity and desire for his wish to happen.

"But she's already here, Your Majesties."

Those words made the brothers turn to the source of the voice, only to see both Reepicheep and Caspian approaching.

With a frown, Edmund approached the Prince. "What do you mean she's here?"

"The young queen that was known to Narnians as the savior from the Dawn had arrived here two days before you, Your Majesties," the warrior mouse answered. "In fact, she had been helping everyone here with regards to food preparations, medicine, and even weapons."

Edmund couldn't hide the smile that crossed his face upon hearing that. But before he could even ask any of them on the whereabouts of the elusive young queen from another world, commotion resonated in the area that alerted all of them.

"What is that?"

A Narnian soldier came rushing to the royalties. "An intruder, Your Majesties! A Telmarine soldier entered our premises!"

"To think they would go this far..." Peter muttered as he clenched his fist.

"The intruder is dead!" Another soldier reported as he rushed in. "Queen Amaya struck him with one of her arrows!"

"Not Susan?"

The soldier shook his head as a response to Edmund's question.

"Queen Amaya was quite skilled in using both her arrows and her daggers in fighting, Your Majesty. As timid and quiet as she always had been, the old records told us of her skills as a fighter during her reign and we've seen proofs of it."

That alone was enough to intensify the Just King's desire to meet Queen Amaya of the Dawn.

xxxxxx

So this one was based on a character ship that isabellabellaC wrote for me as a reply to my request. Thank you for doing my request, by the way. As I mentioned before, I'm going to write a fanfic basing it from that character ship. After a long while, I finally started writing it. I'm not sure how many parts will this story contain for me to finish. But I think it won't take more than ten parts. This is the first of it. Till next time and enjoy reading!