10 - Live And Return

I have never asked for anything from you since then. But please do this one request from me. Do what you can to live and return here, just as I want your memories to remain in my heart... — Florence Joyce

xxxxxx

"You sure know how to hide well, little lady."

Amy could only stare wide-eyed at the Telmarine soldier pointing a sword to her face. What in the world? How did they manage to find her there?

But she knew she didn't have to show to the soldier in front of her and also to the other two who were restraining her horse that she was starting to panic. There was no reason for them to know that.

"Good for you for finding me. Not many idiots can do that."

Okay. It might have been a bad idea to rile the soldiers up like that. But she really wanted to get out of there and head to where Edmund and the rest of the Narnians were. She didn't have any time to deal with even more nonsense than this battle.

The soldiers looked at each other, evidently pissed off. But soon after, the soldier in front of her looked like he was ready to tear her apart. Then again, she was the last person to easily get intimidated by raging soldiers. She had proven it time and time again when she was here in Narnia before.

As much as she wanted to smile at the scenario playing in front of her, this was no time to play games. She had to get back to the How and help Prince Caspian and the others. She had no idea how things were turning out because of the duel. But if these soldiers were here and had managed to follow her, then something possibly worse must have happened.

'Please be careful, Edmund.' Even in her current situation, she couldn't help but to worry for that young king.

Her lack of reaction to the soldiers' glares must have ticked them off. The next thing she knew, the soldier in front of her raised the sword he was pointing at her face. She immediately pulled the short sword on her right side and stabbed the man on his right thigh. It was the nearest spot she could reach to distract him.

The soldier dropped the sword, just at the same time he keeled and dropped to the ground. Before the dropped sword could be grabbed, she took it and stabbed the screaming soldier before slashing his throat. As soon as the screaming ended, the two soldiers guarding her horse charged towards her as they pulled out their swords.

And yet, the horse started whining and neighing loudly that caught the soldiers' attention. The shorter male stopped and looked behind. Before he could do anything, the horse reared and struck the soldier on the face.

Of course, it caught Amy off-guard. But she also couldn't help smiling at the spectacle. Apparently, the remaining conscious soldier didn't like that and charged towards her again. This time, she was ready. She threw the long sword she used to kill the first soldier to her attacker's chest. He soon fell with a thud after groaning.

The horse had stopped whining after that. But when Amy looked around, she realized that it wasn't over yet. There were still soldiers around the area where she was at the moment. If it was more than three, then she knew she would have a hard time dealing with them.

"I have to do something," she muttered in worry.

Without realizing it, she gripped the item that she had been holding this whole time since she went out of the cave. Her eyes widened as she looked down and lifted her hand where the item was.

"Of course! This is the whole reason why I went here in the first place."

With that thought, Amy took a deep breath and tried her best to tune in to her surroundings. It was one thing she learned upon receiving the flute from Grandfire a long time ago. It was only then that she'd be able to truly use the power of the flute.