7 - You Opened My Eyes

You showed me something that I couldn't see. You opened my eyes and you made me believe... ~ Crazier, Taylor Swift

xxxxxx

Though she didn't create an argument over Peter's decision to proceed with the raid, Amy stood by her decision to remain in Aslan's How. Her reason? No one knew what the enemy was planning, so it was for the best that she stayed and protect the Narnians that would be left there.

Edmund was just looking at her, though. But she knew he could tell that she had already made her point across. And she was thankful that the Just King didn't force her to do anything at all. Then again, perhaps she knew he couldn't convince her to do otherwise. She didn't attend the meeting. Instead, she continued sorting out the medicinal herbs and helped the other Narnians prepare to head out.

As much as possible, Amy didn't want to cross paths with Peter while she was almost fuming in anger. And fate seemed to be in her favor. She was done setting up the saddles and armors on both the centaur and the griffin beside her when someone tapped her on the shoulder. She turned rashly, only to be surprised to see Edmund standing behind her.

"Edmund! I thought you were preparing for the raid," she started and patted the griffin to signal that she was done setting it up.

"Yes, I was. But... I knew I have to talk to you before I leave."

Those words were surely enough to make Amy's heart pound fast once again. But she knew she had to control herself or the conversation could lead nowhere. Especially when she was still angry over Peter's rash decision.

"Is there anything else that we need to talk about?" she asked instead and proceeded to walk towards the weapons aisle.

"Amy... please don't be like this."

Before she could even take anything from there, Amy faced Edmund who now had a worried expression on his face. By the way, it wasn't what she expected.

"I'm not mad at you, Edmund. So please, don't look at me like you've done something wrong, and you badly want to apologize."

"But -- "

She cut him off upon placing a sword on his hand. Edmund frowned at the sight before facing her once more. She sighed before speaking.

"Use this sword. At least... this is my way of being with you on this mission. I can't keep you safe myself. So, I want my sword to do that for me," Amy said, without looking away from Edmund.

It took a while before he took the sword from her hand, not removing his gaze from her. Without a doubt, the gesture accelerated her heartbeat. But so did this mission that Edmund was about to head out to. And she couldn't deny that she was worried. Not just for his safety, but also for the others.

"Be careful out there," she whispered as she held his hand that was holding the sword that she gave to him.

One more long look at her and then he nodded. "I will. Thank you."

xxxxxx

It was a long night and Amy, for the first time, couldn't wait for it to end. That night raid was making her more anxious than ever. Then again, it wasn't like she could easily admit it. Well, she was able to do that -- in her adventure journal. They were still thoughts related to her adventures in Narnia, after all.

The other thing she was able to admit in her journal was her worry for one particular person in the group. She had been sighing nonstop since she finished writing and decided to head to the top of the How to wait for the group to finally return from the raid. Being outside could possibly help her calm down, as well.