8 - Make It Work Out

Despite not knowing how far we'll go with regards to the battle we're fighting, I'll make sure we'll make it work out in the end for the both of us... ~ Florence Joyce

xxxxxx

It has been a while since the rest of the Narnians saw what Amy and Edmund had seen while they were at the top of the How. Edmund even had to go back inside to call on his brother and inform him of the Telmarines' arrival near the How. Numbers alone, they were clearly outnumbered. Not to mention, the weapons they brought to the site that would surely put the rest of them to a disadvantage.

But this was clearly not the time for them to falter. They've made it this far. This was a war that they clearly had to win to finally free the Narnians once and for all.

After watching that display of arrival, the Narnians -- with Peter's permission -- decided to send out an envoy to deliver a message to King Miraz with regards to a proposed duel with the High King Peter himself. The whole time, Amy had only listened to the discussion and didn't voice out any of her thoughts about the proposal. But she knew that this was the only way they could acquire what they wanted personally. If worse comes to worst, of course, they had to prepare themselves for an all-out war.

And now, Amy could only watch with a sigh from the top of the How as Edmund, a dwarf, and a giant were chosen to deliver the message that Peter had declared. She didn't want to show it to anyone her worried for Edmund heading out on enemy's camp. But even with that, she tried to be positive about it.

Though she wasn't really sure how it would help her, she did her best to stay calm.

"I don't think they'd be foolish enough to attack Edmund without any reason, though. You don't have to look so worried for him."

That made her turn around, only to see both Susan and Lucy approaching her. She couldn't help showing a wry smile and turned back to watch over the field where Edmund was.

"Am I that obvious?" Amy asked instead.

"You are. I've seen your disposition changed since Edmund himself said that he'd be the one to deliver Peter's message to the Telmarines," Susan said as an answer before facing Lucy.

"It's not that I'm worried that they're going to hurt him," Amy admitted. "But we all know that the enemies had truly prepared to wipe the Narnians once and for all upon declaring this war. I'm worried about... something else, but still related to what we're facing right now."

"I don't understand," Lucy said.

"It's a discussion that Edmund and I had talked about before. About my way of helping out the Narnians with regards to the war. I... just want to make sure he's the first to know it."

To her confusion, she saw Susan and Lucy smile at each other before looking at her. But as much as she wanted to ask the sisters about her observation, her mind would still go back to the one person she'd been thinking all the while she was there.

"He'll come back soon. And when it happens, I know we have to be prepared. We'll head out on our respective tasks after the king agrees to Peter's proposal."

Amy nodded to Susan's words and once again, looked over the field. She knew she needed to stay strong and positive if she wanted her plan to work in their favor. If she believed in Lucy that the young Valiant Queen would be able to find Aslan, then Peter and the rest would be able to end the war for Caspian's sake, as well.

As for her, she could only think of one way to help the Narnians. And that is for her to retrieve her trump card and use it once again. This time, without the grief and hatred that once conquered her heart.