9 - Will Be Alright

Even if an endless darkness comes, after this night passes, everything will be alright... — It's Alright, Dvwn

xxxxxx

Even when Amy knew she left the How earlier than planned, she still wasn't sure if she was safe and no one was following her. This could be a good thing, but it didn't mean that she should be complacent about the whole thing.

Because of that thought, she urged the horse to gallop faster for her to reach her destination. It would still be a challenge for her to look for the exact location since the land must have changed dramatically over the thousand years that the Kings and Queens had disappeared. Then again, she had to trust her instinct.

The very same instinct that Grandfire had seen in her when she became the Dawn Queen.

"I just have to reach the Western Woods safely. Then maybe I'll be alright," she said to herself as her horse continued to gallop faster than how it was a while back.

Several minutes later, she finally reached the part of the Western Woods that she had intended to go to. Upon looking around, perhaps the major change that she saw around her was the density of the area. It had gotten thicker, and probably even more dangerous for those wandering alone out there.

But if Amy was going to base it on her intuition, then she was sure that no one other than her was there. With a heavy sigh, she looked around once more to make sure no one had followed her. She dismounted her horse after a while of scanning her surroundings. She then found a tree in which she could place her horse and tie the rope.

"I guess this is the place..." she concluded after analyzing the area even with all the thick bushes and boulders that she considered to be out of place from the one she could remember.

"That's strange... Has something happened that made this boulder appear here or fallen here?"

Of course, it was just a speculation. But a lot of time had passed in this world already since the last time she appeared here. If a lot of things could happen in one year, what more could have happened in the past thousand years or more? An entire civilization has changed dramatically in this world.

Now she must do what she could to make sure that the Narnians won't truly fall in the depths of extinction forever.

One look at a strangely shaped boulder soon caught the young queen's attention. With a frown, she approached the boulder while carefully traversing the ragged path. Tall grasses and thick bushes did hinder her from approaching the boulder faster than intended. But it didn't deter here as she knew she had to look at it and investigate it — if she had to.

Not long after, with a careful look at the boulder enabled her to see something that made her eyes open wide and smile.

"This is it!" she exclaimed as soon as she saw a hole behind the mysterious boulder that had a familiar etchings on the edge of the entrance.

She knew what it was. The dwarves that accompanied her when she placed the flute in a secure and secluded place that day were the ones who placed the etchings there. It would be the sign that told her story as the queen that once ruled Narnia, they said. And they also said that it would be the sign that one could look into if they were determined to find her flute.

In this case, those words had helped her.

"Those guys... really did it..." she couldn't help commenting with a smile as tears fell from her eyes.

But she could do the reminiscing again later, once she managed to do the task that she set to herself.

Amy then took a deep breath and managed to find herself entering the small cave even with the mysterious boulder blocking it originally. The place was dark, no doubt about that. But she wasn't worried.