Chapter 1

It was 3.30 pm, the time where most students are done with their classes, some spent their time in an internet cafe near the train station. Yoo Joonghyuk is one of them.

He spent most of the time after school in the internet cafe almost every day. Spending 3 hours just playing online games.

Although he looks handsome he can become a popular model, no one really wants to get close to him. Contrary to his perfect look, his aura feels distant and cold, no one really wants to get close to him even though the girls always screamed internally when they saw him pass by. What a waste to good look.

It was comfortable for him that way, being away from people who would bother him with a bunch of personal questions like 'do you have a girlfriend?'. He remembers when he was a freshman in junior high, a bunch of girls crowded over him and asked him about his phone numbers, spamming his phone at every single second.

After a while he learned to build a wall around him, making his days pass by in a more peaceful way, although still accompanied with slight uncomfortable glances and stares by the others, it was better than the constant chatter right beside his ears. His head hurts just by remembering that moment.

And that is why, even in the internet cafe, his cold aura permeated to his surroundings, no one really wanted to sit close to him.

Yes, no one... except for one odd person.

He is a student from a neighboring school, coming to the cafe every friday evening, sitting right beside him.

Though he's glad, instead of the insistent chatter he expected, he's a quiet person, only focusing on his school work. Why does he go here just to do his work anyway?

-----------------------------------------------

Kim Roksoo always has to wait for Choi Jungsoo every friday evening. Wait for him to finish his extracurricular activity, he doesn't know why he even has to join the martial art club. Moving his body to school and back is exhausting enough. He can never understand people who like to do sports.

He was confused as to why he had to wait for Jungsoo, but his family insist on it so nothing bad happens to him on the way to and from school. He's an adult, going into high school already! He wanted to say that to his family but soon decided against it as they were looking at him with those expectant eyes he was so weak against. In the end, he just sighed and go with his new routine with his chatty childhood friend.

The school library closes at 4 pm, it's an hour earlier than when Jungsoo will finish his club activity, the drink in the cafe beside the school is also expensive, why does he have to pay for a drink to wait? So he decided to go to an internet cafe, the fee is much cheaper than waiting at a cafe, he can always reduce the noise of those people playing games with a headphone, so he doesn't mind the atmosphere.

There is always a seat he prefers sitting on, particularly next to a strange person. The internet cafe is crowded as always whenever he visits, but there's almost nobody who sits next to the person in the corner of the cafe. It was almost isolated, so he sat there, every time, next to a student he doesn't recognize.

He put on the headphone provided, opened his bag, and took out his books.

------------------------------------------

Every friday, he was always greeted with the same sound of chair grinding against the floor right beside him, the same sound of books and papers stacked on the table, the familiar sound of the pen moving across the paper that managed to pass through subtly through the headphone he's wearing.

That person seemed to be oblivious to the surrounding, not minding the weird stare people gave him whenever he decided to sit next to him. His name is Kim Roksoo, one time, he glanced at one of the books he took out which have a label of his name on it.