Chapter 3: Valentine's Special

It's valentine's day soon, unfortunately, the 14th of February this year is not on Friday. He can't give it to him on time. If he gives it too early, it might seem weird, and if it's too late, it's late already, missing the purpose. Why is he so close yet so far? Another sleepless night thinking about Roksoo occurred tonight too.

The friday before valentine, he still gives him Roksoo's weekly sweets, which he was delighted to see the light shining in his eyes when he received it. Though it didn't help solve his precarious situation. Should he come to visit his school on monday? Their school is not that far from each other as it's in the same district.

But would it be weird? We haven't even met outside of our weekly friday meeting in the internet cafe, surely it would be strange if suddenly he comes to Roksoo's school just to give him chocolates. Ah, what should he do?

------------------------------------------

Right, it will be valentine's day soon, Jungsoo will probably make the same yearly fuss about receiving chocolate from him. He never really gave anyone chocolate or chocolate bar in particular on valentine's aside from Jungsoo, not being close to anyone aside from him either.

Though there's his sunbae. He received sweets from him every week, he should give him something more to repay him right? But it's not on friday, what should he give to him anyway? He can just buy whatever for Jungsoo, but his sunbae has been too kind to him, especially those delicious sweets.

Try baking? His family and Jungsoo would make a fuss, they always treat me as a kid and clumsy person, they won't allow him to be in the kitchen.

Buying it? Will it be seen as sincere? He can tell those sweets he ate weekly are handmade...

Why is it so hard to decide, it's the same valentine's every year, why is his head so noisy with these thoughts this year?

-----------------------------------------

"Brother, do you have someone you like?"

"Why?" confused with the sudden question.

"You never make chocolates for anyone on valentine! For who? The girl that has been chasing you since your first year of high school?"

Where does that girl even pop out from? It's not wrong for him to make chocolate for a change this year, especially if it's for his adorable Roksoo-ya. He doesn't confirm his sister's suspicion, doesn't outright deny her statement either.

He shut her up by giving her a part of the chocolate he's making, the ugly part he doesn't want to give to Roksoo.

Then a moment of realization just hit him, he still doesn't know how to give the chocolate to Roksoo. Only focusing on the fact that he has to give him chocolate, he got frazzled, not knowing what he's supposed to do.

Another sleepless night haunt him, still thinking about how to give the chocolate, but couldn't think of any solution when the sun is up. He got ready and doesn't forget to bring the chocolates with him, he's going to continue thinking about it later.

It's the end of school hours and he still hasn't come up with a single solution. Couldn't even focus on the game in front of him. The aura that made people avoid him just got intensified several fold, making the space between him and the other people in the internet cafe larger.

That was until he feels someone poke him on his arm, asking for his attention, when he looks at who it was that was disturbing his thoughts, his eyes widened at the person he has been thinking of. Roksoo is standing in front of him.

Did he get exhausted from the lack of sleep? Is he hallucinating now? But he knows it's real when he hears that soft gentle voice he comes to love, "Sunbae, are you okay?"