Chapter 15: Chapter 78

Neph's POV

It's already getting dark but none of us had the courage to say a single word. We're just sitting here silently while staring at the fountain. I stole a glance of him and thought of how did we end up like this.

So close, but both of us feels so far from each other. I gather the courage to finally said a word and break the silence.

"I miss you."

I said while staring at the fountain. But he did not say anything. He didn't even move or face me. He just continue on watching the fountain.

"I'm ready now AJ, kaya na kitang piliin."

I continued but he still didn't said anything. Five minutes passed and there's nothing but silence from him. I fought the urge to cry and faced him. I was about to say something but was taken aback by how close we truly are right now.

It's my first time seeing him this close after two years. Andami na din palang nagbago sa kaniya. He's hair is still green, but it looks clean. He's also wearing an eyeglass right now, the scar on the side of his left eye is almost invisible. I also noticed how he's growing a moustache and beard.

He looks so different. He doesn't look like AJ, my AJ. I guess two years of pain really changed us a lot.

"Do you still choose me AJ? Akin ka padin ba?"

I asked him. I need to know. Because I'm ready to choose him now, but the fear of him finally learning how to not choose me is slowly creeping it's way to me. Again, he did not answer. I tried to look at his eyes but they're emotionless.

"AJ ako padin ba?"

Silence.

"Ako padin naman diba?"

I wiped the tears on my face as I completely faced his direction. I was about to say something but was taken aback when he suddenly faced me and looked straight into my eyes. At that moment I knew, the AJ I'm talking right now is not my AJ. He's not the AJ I met two years ago.

"How can you say that? How can you ask me that as if ikaw lang dapat yung mahal ko after all those years?"

Pain. I can only hear and see pain. With every words that come out of his mouth comes one dagger straight to my heart.

"AJ mo? Handa ka ng piliin ako ngayon? Zeph I'm not just an object na pwede mong angkinin at piliin anytime you want!"

Another dagger.

"Mahal kita Zeph pero pagod nadin ako eh. I thought when I finally hear you say those words Zeph magiging sobrang sayo ko pero hindi eh. Wala na Zeph, sakit nalang ata nararamdaman ko."

One more dagger.

"Zeph I don't need you to choose me anymore, I'm choosing myself this time."

I can only cry habang pinapakinggan siya. Praying inside that whatever is happening right now is just an illusion, a nightmare. But the pain of his words keeps on reminding me that this is reality, our reality.

"Pero AJ, mahal naman kita eh."

I said as I reached out for his hand.

"Never naman kitang hindi minahal AJ. I just need to be there for Alvin! Alam mo naman yun diba?"

I explained to him as I try to hold him tighter. Scared that he'll leave me soon.

"Pano naman ako Zeph? I needed you also! Kailangan din kita for the past two years! Why did you never chose me for the past two years Zeph?! Kahit isang beses lang you never chose me!"

He screamed.

"Zeph why is your love like that? Why did you not choose me?! Zeph bak-