Chapter 16: History Kills

Third Person's POV

Maxine can't even read the next set of words as she can only cry at this point. Maxine thought that the pain she felt at that time is at it's peak, na yun na yung pinakamasakit na mararamdaman niya. But the pain that she's feeling right now, it's different.

It feels like dying over and over again. She's dying over and over again. she's dying too much to the point that dying already feels like nothing. Posible pala yun no? To die for eternity.

Maxine gasped for air as she started to choke on her sobs. She tried to stood up, not minding the laptop on her lap. On her dismay, she only fell straight to the floor when she tried to stand up. She's weak, really weak.

She sob harder as she desperately crawled towards her balcony. Desperately pulling anything her hand touches in order to move herself. Until she accidentally pulled her flower vase. At that point, tanggap niya na na mamamatay na siya. Or kung hindi man, the impact of the earth filled vase would cause her to lose consciousness. At least makakatulog na siya.

She just closed her eyes and waited for the impact. A minute passed, then two minutes, then three, then four, but the vase she's waiting for never arrived. She opened her eyes in confusion only to see a pair of hands holding the vase, preventing it from falling on her.

Great, now pinasok na siya ng magnanakaw. She can't see who's the Bulgar but she doesn't care. She continued to crawl towards the balcony as if she really most sanity. She continued on sobbing and crying until she finally reached her balcony.

She desperately tried to pull herself up while holding onto the railings. Once she finally managed to stand up, she faced the orange sky. It turns out it's already sunrise. She cried harder when she felt the warmness of the sun rays seeping through the darkness, hitting her face on the way.

"Fuck you!"

She screamed at the top of her lungs.

"Putangina mo Maxine!"

She cursed herself again and again as if she's letting the world know how fucked up she really is. How messed up her life is and how much she wanted to disappear already. She continued to scream until she starts to lose her voice.

She started to feel dizzy, like she finally reached her limit. Her eyesight started to become darker as she started to lose her balance. She tried her best to regain her standing but she accidentally leaned too hard towards the railings.

For a moment she got scared. Scared that her life would really end at that moment. She felt scared that she'll fall to her death at that exact time, but then a couple of hands pulled her back to safety.

She felt the embrace of someone as her vision gets darker. Maxine remembers muttering a small thank you before finally losing her consciousness fully.