3 Years Later

Emily sat at the desk in Derek's garage as she scrolled through her laptop, looking at possible future colleges. When she first thought about college, she was determined that she was going to go as far away from home as possible so she could become her own person.

But now, now things were different. She didn't want to leave her family, especially now.

"Dad, what if I decide not to go to college?" She asked as Derek walked in and dried his hands on a cloth.

"I mean, we wouldn't be bothered if you didn't but what would you do? I mean don't think you are just going to sit at home doing nothing." He said as grabbed a bottle of water and quickly downed it.

"Obviously I wouldn't." She rolled her eyes and shook her head. "I just don't want to move too far away from home, I would just hate it..."

"Daddy!" They heard the sound of a 2 year old running into the room, slamming into Derek's legs.

"Well, look at that." Derek said as he leaned down and picked them up. "It's our little Beth."

"Hi daddy." She said happily as she slapped her hands on his cheeks.

Elizabeth Shepherd, also referred to as Beth, was born 2 years ago on an unusual sunny day in Seattle. It had been the perfect birth, with both Meredith and Beth coming away happy and perfectly healthy. But fast forward to now, she was the double of Meredith, with dirty blonde hair that fell down her back in loose curls. She had the same nose, smile, laugh, everything was Meredith apart from the eyes. From Derek she got his eyes and his charm, meaning it was impossible for Meredith to say no to her.

"Where's mommy?" Derek asked as he frowned, looking at the door.

"Car." She said before turning to Emily and started kicking her legs with excitement before running and diving in to Emily's arms. "Emem!"

"Hey you." Emily said happily as she hugged her younger sister tight.

One thing was for sure, Emily had adapted to being a big sister perfectly. Helping out whenever she could, offering to change nappies and do night feeds when she could.

"Em, just keep an eye on her, I'm going to see Meredith is." Derek said as he headed out of the door and over to her car. "Hey, taking your time."

"Yeah, well that's what happens when your husband decides to knock you up again for the second time." She sighed as she walked over to him, her hands on her bump. "I mean seriously Derek, this baby is taking over my body. I still have 2 months left but I mean it, no more babies." She pointed at him.

"I'm not saying anything." He held his hands up in his defence before wrapping his arm around her lower back and taking her bag in his other.

"It's got to be a boy this one, that explains it all." Meredith accused as she walked into the garage.

"Sure." Derek just agreed with her knowing her hormones were on overdrive.

"Hey Em." Meredith greeted her as moved to sit in the other chair. "Oh before I forget, Lexie said can you call her it's urgent. She said you would know what she is talking about."

"Oh yeah." She said placing Beth down on the floor. "Hey Beth, go sit with mommy and daddy really quick, ok?"

She nodded her head before going over to Derek and holding her arms up towards him.

"How's Susan doing?" Derek asked as he placed Beth on his hip, her head going to rest on his shoulder and her eyes drifted shut.

"She's knitting like mad. I swear this kid is going to have more clothes then all of us put together." Meredith laughed as she ran her hands over her belly. "But she's good, she's not the one I'm worried about. What's wrong with Em?"