Oh Baby

Emily was beyond worried about Meredith.

From the outside she continued on with a smile on her face as she carried on being the best wife and mother. Her pregnancy was almost over now, with only 2 weeks until her due date and she couldn't wait to welcome another little brother or sister into this world.

But all that excitement was the last thing on her mind as she carefully watched Meredith everyday, scared to leave her side. Emily wasn't sure if her father was aware but when ever he left to work is when Meredith would lock herself away and cry.

"Hey mom, I can do that." Emily said as she followed behind Meredith carrying the laundry basket to the kitchen.

"I can do it. I'm pregnant, not dying..." Meredith stopped in her tracks before slamming the basket down on the table. "Where's Beth?"

"She's playing with her toys." Emily pointed to the living room as her toys stayed on Meredith, watching as she took some deep breaths and clutched her stomach every now and then. "Are you ok?"

"Hmm." Meredith looked up and watched as Meredith nodded towards her stomach. "Oh yeah, just braxton hicks, nothing to worry about."

"Are you sure? Maybe I should phone dad and tell him to come home..." Emily could help but worry as Meredith continued to fold the clothes.

"No need." Meredith shook her head and smiled but Emily was able to see right through it. "Hey, do you want lunch?"

"I was just coming to do it. Beth was asking for a sandwich." Emily lied, hoping that Meredith was too distracted to see through it.

Meredith didn't say a word as she placed the baby grow down on the table and leaned forward, her face scrunching up as she took a deep breath in.

"You know what Em, I'm just going to lie down." Meredith was starting to think that maybe this wasn't just braxton hicks. "Will you be alright to give Beth her lunch and put her down for a nap?"

"Yeah of course, go." Emily waved her hand and watched as Meredith waddled out of the room, her hand pressed to her lower back.

In that moment Emily decided that she was going to cancel her plans for the day, she could meet Lexie another day but for now, now she had to be there for Meredith.

"Hey Beth, lunch is ready." Emily shouted as she walked into the living but found her fast asleep, clutching her blanket tightly in her hands.

Smiling to herself, she headed back into the kitchen, wrapping the sandwich for later on before heading back and scooping Beth into her arms. She slowly headed upstairs and moved down towards Beth but couldn't help but overhear a loud groan and cry coming from Meredith's and her dads room.

Moving a bit quicker, she settled Beth down into her room before running down to Meredith and pushing the door open.

"Maybe it isn't braxton hicks after all." Meredith on her knees, leaning over the bed, her face flushed and tears pooled in her eyes.

"I'm here. Tell me what to do." Emily couldn't let it show but deep down she was panicking but for now, she kneeled beside Meredith and rubbed her back.

"I don't..." Meredith leaned her head down on the bed as he hands grabbed the blanket tightly as her body tightened up with another contraction.

Emily wasn't sure how long it had been until the contraction was over but eventually Meredith's body relaxed as she kept her head down before lifting it up, hair covering her face.

"Here." Emily pulled her hair out of its ponytail and took the bobble and moved to place Meredith's hair up into a messy bun.

"Thank you." Meredith replied out of breath.