Epilogue

"Beth! Logan! If you aren't down here in 5 minutes then we are leaving without you!" Meredith shouted up the stairs as she grabbed her coat and slipped it on.

"Mer, just give them chance." Derek laughed as he kissed Meredith's cheek before moving to grab his own coat. "They'll be down soon, I'm sure Logan will even have his top on backwards so we have time."

"Try telling Emily that." Meredith rolled her eyes and moved back towards the stairs. "Ah Beth finally. Where's your brother?"

"He's here." She pointed behind her, moving to show a now 5 year old Logan standing behind, his hair untamed but a huge smile on his face.

"Hi mommy!" He cheered happily and moved down the stairs quickly.

"Slow down little man." Meredith laughed and shook her head. "Derek, can you sort your sons hair out please?"

"Oh so now he's my son?" He asked sarcastically and laughed slightly before moving to throw Logan over his shoulder.

Meredith smiled as she listened to their son laugh, he was the carbon copy of Derek and was certainly a daddy's boy but at least she still had Beth.

"Hey mom." Beth tugged on her coat. Her blonde hair falling over her shoulders as her baby blue eyes shined up at Meredith. She still couldn't believe that her baby girl was now 7 years old.

"Yes Beth." Meredith smiled as she moved to run her hands over her hair before moving to pull her coat on.

"When is Emily coming back home? I don't mean for a weekend but like forever. Like she used to." Beth asked with innocence in her eyes.

"Well, you see." Meredith reached up and adjusted Beth's collar before smiling at her. "She won't be, you see Em is grown up now and lives in her own place but if you ask her I'm sure she would love to have you to stay soon."

"Really?" Beth asked all excited as she bounced on the spot.

"Really." Meredith scrunched her nose up before leaning forward to kiss Beth on the forehead. "Now come on, let's go and get your dad and brother before we are late."

"We are here and ready to go." He said with Logan on his hip, who's hair was now perfectly styled just like Derek's.

Derek placed his spare hand on the Meredith's lower back as he guided them towards the car. They both took a kid each and placed them in their seats before moving around to the front of the car and climbed in their own seats.

Derek was quick to place his hand on Meredith's thigh and give a squeeze as he started the drive to the restaurant.

"You know Emily boyfriend is going to be there tonight." Meredith smirked as she watched Derek frown and grumble but she couldn't make out what he said. "Oh come on don't be like that, pus you can't be the big mean dad tonight as it's Emily's birthday and I won't have her unhappy." She pointed her finger towards Derek.

"Fine." He sighed dramatically and rolled his eyes before laughing slightly. "Doesn't mean I have to like it, I mean that's my little girl."

"I know." Meredith gave him a smile and squeezed his upper arm. "I just can't believe it either, I mean I met her when she was 13 and now she's 23...it just doesn't seem real how fast time has flew by."

"Well, we've been busy, we have two little ones keeping us on our toes, well soon to be three." He let his hand drift to Meredith's stomach before she slapped it away.

"Derek, we aren't saying anything, you know what the kids are like. The whole family will know by the morning." She shook her head. "I know you're excited, I am too, but it's just too early to be telling people. Soon though."