"The Lucky Compass"; pt.4

"Bird"

"Holy Shit"

After sitting, talking, smoking and drinking for at least an hour or more, I started to worry about my cousin. For all, I know he could be in a jail cell at the sheriff's. I was considering mentioning to check on him to the others however, my worries vanished when I heard the horn of our old van.

I sighed in relief and then made my way to the Twinkie, "you look like shit," I said, at the sight of my cousin.

"Yeah well," he just shrugged.

I hopped into the passenger seat and the boys got in the back.

"Let's ride," JJ said, as he got into the van.

Pope was just shaking his head as he followed, "this better be good."

I turned up the music as we pulled on the main road, headed for The Wreck,

Please, Please, Please

Put me out. I Promise

Not to do it again

Whatever I did

{Someday Soon by Harlem}

Once we got to the wreck to pick up Kie, we all decided it was best not for me to go in, even though I was her parent's favourite, I had neglected my overtime calls the past few days. And since Kie didn't really have that luxury, we sent Pope to sneak her out.

After a few minutes Pope emerged from the restaurant, without Kie, "she says she's not coming."

"Why not?" I asked, confused.

JJ poked his head up front and looked accusingly at John B, "What'd you do to her John B?"

"Ahhh shhhit," He hit his hand against the steering wheel. "Hang on, I'll deal with it."

My cousin left the car and made his way inside the wreck.

After a few short minutes, JJ broke the silence, "What do you think happened?" JJ asked.

"Not that it's any of our business-" Pope started.

"Kind of is."

Pope rolled his eyes, "it's not, and I'm sure they'll get it sorted."

"I agree with Pope," I said, turning to face them, "they'll let us know if it's important."

JJ rolled his eyes, obviously disappointed that we didn't know all of the drama. At that, I rolled my eyes back and turned to face the front, kicking my feet up on the dash.

No more than a few minutes of waiting in the van, John B emerged from the wreck, Kie following close behind. I smiled at her and gave a small salute, "Welcome back," I said as she climbed in the back of the van.

The whole way to, wherever we were going, John B didn't say a thing about his plans. I just looked out the window, watching the sunset over the island. As we approached our destination, I realized it was the cemetery.

"You mind if I just relax on this one? It's been a long day, and a lot of weird stuff's gone down, I'm just going to lay low okay?" JJ sighed. "Pope, did you want a hit of this" he offered his joint to Pope.

"I'm keepin' the signal clear," he said, raising his hand against it.

I turned from the front and reached my hand out, "I do."