Chapter Forty Four

Hello my lovlies! I'm sooo sorry I haven't updated it's been a crazy month. I hope you can forgive me and that this chapter makes up for it. xx

----

Cale left for an early morning training session. I think at least... I was in a zombie state from being woken up so early that I wasn't really paying attention.

After two cups of coffee and nagging from Maria, we left for the cafeteria to meet the others, including Cale.

"Someone is popular today," Luke winked at me as I sat down. I stared at him in confusion. "Umm...okay?" Luke left to grab some food before I had a chance to ask.

I looked at Cale glaring into his yogurt red into his yogurt with unnecessary intentness. "Why are you so grumpy?"

"Some guy has been going around the cafeteria asking for you". Cale responded in a tone that matched his grumpy look.

I remained quiet for a few seconds hoping he would volunteer additional information. "And what did you tell him?" I asked slowly. It was like talking to a stubborn five-year-old.

"To fuck off" I sighed and gave him a disapproving look. "What did you actually say?" I asked.

"No, he's serious, that's exactly what he said", Matt confirmed.

I hit Cale lightly on the back on the head as my jaw dropped. "Be nice, he was only asking a question." I thought for a second, "How do you know he was looking for me?"

"How many people do you know names Sterling?" Cale grumbled. Even though he had a point, I ignored his comment and turned back to Luke.

"Where is this mystery man now?" I had to admit I was curious.

"Why do you care?" Cale stabbed his poor innocent yogurt.

"You're going to tell me that if a girl was running around asking for you that you wouldn't be curious?" I accused Cale.

"I sure wouldn't be beaming like you are right now. Do you have no dignity?" I really wanted to poke his eye out right now.

"There's no winning with you," I mainly whispered to myself.

"Sterling?" I heard a voice ask from behind me. I furrowed my brow as the voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't quite place it. Everyone was now looking at me as I turned around slowly towards the voice.

My face lit up. "Kent!" I jumped up and hugged him. with my legs still wrapped around him, I felt his face with my hands, seeing if he was real.

"You're actually here." I said with slight confusion in my voice, not believing what I was seeing.

"Yes! and I'm here to stay. I now go here!"

"Are you kidding me!" I squealed excitedly. I noticed Kent quickly glance behind me. It didn't take a genius to know that Cale's eyes were throwing daggers at me.

"We ignore him. He's a bit grumpy this morning." I said the last part loud enough so Cale could hear but didn't turn away from Kent.

"So why did you transfer?" I asked.

Suddenly Maria appeared. "Two transfers. In one year. That's unheard of." she said the last part more to herself. I could see the gears turning in her head. I wasn't even sure how Kent managed to transfer, but I didn't want to ask any unnecessary questions that would keep Maria's gears turning.

"So why did you come here?" I asked abruptly.

"Turns out, if I transferred here, I could openly date my professor, well ex-professor now; without sneaking around, and I wouldn't have to push back graduation" Everyone's jaws dropped.