Chapter 3: In Case Of The Ex

(Shantae's POV)

{Monday February 1, 2021; Monday Night Raw After The Royal Rumble}

Tonight is Monday Night Raw, the aftermath of the Royal Rumble. I'm gonna have my first match on Raw and I'm very excited! I'm dressed in my on-camera outfit, cause I have an interview segment first. It consists of this.

I had left the locker room already and I'm hanging with Rhea Ripley and Mia Yim

I had left the locker room already and I'm hanging with Rhea Ripley and Mia Yim. "Congrats on your official Raw debut." Rhea says with a smile. "Thanks. I'm so excited and somewhat nervous. I don't wanna mess up out there." I said back. "You're gonna be fine. Don't sweat it." Mia says. "I wanna know when Creative is gonna let you go in the ring. Or at least do something on camera." I said to her. The HBIC nodded with a sigh. "I'm wondering the same thing." She agreed with me. "You deserve some screen time, chica." I said. "They better figure it out or I'm throwing hands." Rhea chimed in. "Me too. I'll help you. You get their legs and I'll get their heads." I say, causing the three of us to laugh. "Y'all violent." Mia chuckled. "Seriously, though. I need my girl on TV. You're way too fuckin talented to be sitting in catering all the time." I conversed. "Right? That's what I'm saying." Rhea agreed with me. "I appreciate you guys. I'm sure my time to be in the ring will come. I'm sure." Mia was hopeful.

"But enough about me, though. It's your official debut on Monday Night Raw. I'm happy for you, girl!" She continued, giving me a side hug. "Yeah! The Savage Princess is on Raw!" Rhea yelled, making me laugh. "Thank you. And what's even better, I cut Austin off and he ain't my problem no more." I mentioned. "Yessir! That's what's up." Mia says happily. "You don't need him. You're very beautiful and very talented, you have a bright future ahead of you." Rhea assured me. I nodded with a smile. I'm so lucky to have best friends like Rhea Ripley and Mia Yim. And Bianca, too. Can't discredit her. They always hype me up every chance they get and they're always there to have my back. I'm so grateful that I met them and let them into my inner circle.

"And you'll find someone that'll treat you way better and make you happy. Maybe in the form of Damian Priest -- I don't know." Rhea shrugged. "Rhea..." I looked at her with a chuckle. "What? I'm just putting that out there." Rhea said defensively. "I see you playing matchmaker." I said. "Honestly, I say go for it. Like I said, he's single." Mia nudged me in an encouraging manner. "Guys, you do realize I just got out of a relationship. I can't just jump into another one." I said to my friends. "Not saying I'm gonna push him away at all. I have no intentions on doing that whatsoever. I just don't wanna rush into things only for it not to end well." I added. Rhea nodded, "I get it. Take your time and have an open mind. That's all we're saying." She understood. "You can start off by being friends with him." Mia added on. "Damian's a really nice guy, he really is. And......he is kinda cute." I admitted with a shy smile. "I've been noticing you two at the afterparty. Y'all were dancing together and hanging out. I was like, 'Awh, look at my two bonding.' So adorable." Mia beamed. I nodded with a chuckle, "Yeah, we were bonding. It was fun." I grinned. "I can tell he's fond of you." Mia says. "Mhm. Last night, he was so quick to offer me a ride home. I didn't even finish my sentence." I said, making my friends chuckle. "Awh, how cute." Rhea smiled.