Chapter 8: Catching Feelings

(Damian's POV)

{Tuesday February 16, 2021}

[Location: Damian's House]

I had slept in a little bit later because as usual, I pulled another all-nighter with Shantae. We didn't stay out too late last night, we came home at around 11 and we ended up staying up an extra 4 hours just hanging out and messing around. Here's the thing with Shantae. She's calm, cool, and collected during the day, unless you provoke her of course. But late at night, at 10, 11, maybe even midnight, the girl is chaotic! She gets out of control! But not in a bad way, though. Don't get the wrong idea. She's not a nuisance, she's just so random and it's hilarious. She's basically a late night crackhead. Mind you, babygirl is not legal just yet so she didn't have a single ounce of alcohol in her system. That's just how Shantae is. We literally spent 4 hours last night playing around and being random.

As I woke up and got out of bed, I heard 'In The Closet' by Michael Jackson being played. And I think it's coming from outside. I don't know how Shantae can wake up earlier than me after staying up until 3am the night before and play music. How to be like her. I walked out of my bedroom and the music got a little louder. I made my way down the hall to the kitchen to get something to eat before I find out what babygirl is up to. I get to the kitchen and I saw a sticky note on the microwave. I went over to it and it said,

Good morning, papi! I made two omelets and I save the other one for you. Enjoy!

Aww, she made me breakfast. That's so sweet of her. She didn't have to do that. I couldn't help but smile. I opened the microwave and I saw a plate with an omelet and sausages. It was still kinda warm. I took it out of the microwave and sat at the table and ate it. The omelet and sausages were delicious. Shantae's a good cook. Another thing I noticed was that the kitchen was spotless and clean. Not that it was ever dirty. There'll just be dishes in the sink, but the dishes weren't in the sink and the counters were all clean. How early did this girl wake up? After I finished my breakfast, I washed my plate and fork off and put it away. I then decided to find Shantae. I followed the music and it lead me outside, where I saw her in the driveway, dancing and playing Michael Jackson. And her phone is on one of those ring lights. Maybe she's making a TikTok.

She noticed me and gave me a smile as she continued to dance. I smiled back and I stood there and watched her dance. Not to be creepy. I just wanted to see her dance because she's very good. You can tell by facial expressions and her energy that she genuinely loves to dance. Like it's her life and it's part of who she is. I believe if she wasn't a WWE Superstar, she would be a dancer. The way her body moves is so smooth and fluid, and also seductive because of this particular song. And the way her long hair moves with her is almost as if it's dancing with her. The slight breeze in the air gives it more effect. Shantae finished dancing and I applauded her. She grinned and paused the song and stopped the video. "Hi. You're up." She says, coming up to me with a hug. "I am. Nice dancing. Making TikToks?" I hugged her back. Shantae shook her head. "I was making an IGTV dance video for Instagram." She told me. "Although, I do like making TikToks." She added. "You could've used the man cave in the basement, pequeña. You are allowed in there, you know." I said to her. "That way you won't get your clothes dirty." I dusted her pants off. She was on the ground at one point in her dance.

"I know. But the lighting was better out here." She says. I shrugged. "Yeah, you got a point. It is kinda dim in there." I agreed. "How long have you been up?" I asked her as Shantae grabbed her ring light, her phone, and her speakers and went back inside. "Since 8 this morning." She answered me as I stepped inside the house and closed the door. "How do you stay up so late at night but manage to wake up early in the morning?" I asked her like she's crazy. Shantae shrugged. "I don't know. I just do. And I don't really take naps either. Unless I'm really exhausted or I'm in the car, not driving. But other than that, I don't take naps." She says to me. "Yeah, you do fall asleep in the car." I nodded with a chuckle. "It makes me sleepy sometimes." She says. "But that's crazy how you can stay up so late and still wake up early. Wish I can do that." I said to her, making her smile. "Did you like the omelet I made you?" She asked me. "Yes. It was delicious. You really didn't have to do that." I said to her.

"Look, it would be very selfish of me to make myself some breakfast and not you. If I'm gonna make myself something to eat, I'm gonna offer you something, too." She replied. "I think I'm gonna like having you here. Even with your late night shenanigans." I grinned, making her laugh. "Yeah, you're gonna have to put up with that." Shantae chuckled. "If you're that chaotic when sober, I can just imagine how you'll be when you're drunk." I said to her. Shantae snickered, "Oh, I'm sure it's gonna be interesting." She says. The both of us hung out and enjoyed each other's company. We met up with some of our friends and went out for a few hours.

I always like going out with Shantae. Or just being with her in general. Doesn't matter if we're chilling and listening to music in the house or going out. I love being with her. Shantae really makes me happy. It's been a minute since I've felt this happy. I haven't felt this way since my last relationship. I wanna tell her that I have a crush on her but I don't know if she'll like me back. And we do have a pretty big age gap, so there's a chance she might not look at me in that way. I don't know. I wanna tell her how I feel but I don't wanna make it awkward and ruin our friendship if she rejects me.

*******************