Chapter 10: Fight To The Top

(Shantae's POV)

{Monday March 1st, 2021}

[Location: WWE Thunderdome]

It's another Raw and I feel so liberated and stress free! Now that Austin and Carmella are finally out of the picture once and for all, I can live my best life and focus on more important things. And that is fighting to the top and solidifying my spot in this business. I don't have a match tonight but I do have to stand at ringside for Damian's match with Elias. I'm dressed in my outfit for tonight, my hair is done -- which is down and wavy with side bangs, and my makeup is finished.

 I'm dressed in my outfit for tonight, my hair is done -- which is down and wavy with side bangs, and my makeup is finished

I buckled up my boots and I heard a knock at the door. "Tae, it's us." I heard a familiar Australian accent. "Come on in." I answered. The door opened, revealing Rhea Ripley with Mia Yim and Ricochet. "Sup, homegirl." Ricochet grinned at me. "Hey, brotha." I greeted him back with a side hug. "Awh, you look cute!" Mia complimented my fit. "Thanks!" I smiled, doing a cute pose. "Every fit you wear is iconic." Rhea says. "Thank you. I really think my outfits through." I said to them as I sit back down. "You're free from Austin now, huh?" Ricochet says with a grin. "Yessir! Finally!" I nodded happily. "Yes! You don't have to worry about him anymore." Rhea chimed in and I responded with a nod. "And he won't get between you and Damian anymore." Mia said.

"Mia..." I rolled my eyes. "What?" I see how you look at him." Mia Yim nudged me. I shook my head with a sigh and a laugh. Just then, I heard a knock on my door. "Speaking of the devil." Rhea says. I chuckled and stood up. "How do you know it's him?" I question and went to the door. And sure enough, when I opened it, there stood Damian in the doorframe. I looked back at Rhea Ripley. "So you can see through doors now?" I said to her.

She just shrugged with a smile. "Lucky guess." She chuckled. "Now I don't think I'm safe around you." Ricochet chimed in. I shook my head and faced Damian. "Anyways. Hey, papi. We were just talking about you." I said to him. "Good things, I'm sure." Damian grinned. "Nah, we're talking shit behind your back." Mia joked, making us all laugh. "Wow..." Damian pretended to be offended. "I'm kidding. We're talking about how close you and Shan are." She told him. "I need to steal her away. My match is next." Damian said, holding my hand. "A'ight. Bye, guys." I waved to my friends. "Bye. Have a good match, Damian." Ricochet says. "They're holding hands!" I heard Mia's voice as I closed the door.

"Mia's always playing matchmaker." I chuckled. "Right? There's no stopping her." Damian grinned. "Gotta love her, though." I replied. "Those shoes are pretty high." Damian says, looking at my boots. "Yes. And I still have to break my neck just to look at you." I replied to him. Damian grinned at me. "Mhm. I bet I can break more than your neck." He says with a sly smirk. I looked at Damian and he chuckled at my reaction. "Boy-" I playfully smacked his chest. "Ouch!" He laughed.

"There you two are." Bad Bunny saw us. "BB, what's happenin." I greeted him. "What's up, man!" Damian says, still chuckling. "What's so funny?" Bad Bunny asked him with a chuckle of his own. "He's laughing cause he said he's gonna break my back." I said to him. "Ooh. Getting frisky, huh?" Bad Bunny laughed with us. "I can't with him." I said.

We continued hanging out and soon, Damian's match with Elias was starting. Elias made his entrance and we're next. Bad Bunny and I went out first and then Damian made his entrance. Mike Rome announced us as we went to the ring. BB and I stood at ringside while Damian was in the ring. The bell rang the match was underway. The both of us watched Damian and cheered for him. Sometime during the match, a few random superstars came running to try their shot at Bad Bunny for the 24/7 title. But we both fought them off and luckily Damian wasn't distracted. He hit Elias with the Reckoning and won the match.

"Here's your winner, Damian Priest!!" Mike announced. "Babygirl, you okay?" Damian asked me as I climbed on the apron. "Yeah, I'm good." I nodded and stepped in the ring. "Your shoes are pretty heavy. Your feet are alright?" He seemed concerned. "I'm good, papi. Really. I'm okay." I reassured him, pulling him up to his feet. "I don't know how you did it in those boots. But that was badass." Bad Bunny said. "I've had practice." I responded. Shortly after celebrating in the ring, we were leaving. The boys got out first. I was on the apron and I was gonna use the steps to get down but Damian stopped me.

"Hold on, babygirl. I got you." He says to me. "But I—oh. Okay..." He then proceeded to cut my sentence off by lifted me off the apron bridal style. "I was gonna use the steps but this works, too. I'm not heavy, am I?" I grinned. Damian smiled back at me, "Nah, you're light. I can carry you all the way to the curtain if you want." He said to me. "Sure." I accepted. He carried me up the ramp and to the curtain. Once we were through the curtain, he gently put me down. "Thanks for that." I patted his chest. "No problem." He winked at me. "He's gonna break your back after that." Bad Bunny teased me. "BB!" I laughed, playfully pushing him. I went to my dressing room and I changed out of my outfit and into regular clothes.

Mia teased me about Damian carrying me, as expected. Damian and I went out with our friends before calling it a night. I was laying on his lap while watching shows on my Switch. I heard a chuckle from Damian. I looked up at him from my laying position. "What?" I asked. "You're so cute. You and your kid shows." He smiled fondly. A smile of my own crept on my face. "Hey, man. Johnny Test was the shit, a'ight? Along with many others that I watched." I responded. "I ain't judging. I just think it's cute." He said to me. "I love watching kid shows." I said, focusing back on the show. I kept watching until I fell asleep.