Chapter 6: Valentine's Day

(Shantae's POV)

{Sunday February 14, 2021; Valentine's Day}

It's Valentine's Day, a day of love -- for some people at least, and I'm gonna spend the day with my friends at TopGolf. I'm out of bed and looking through my kitchen for some breakfast. I decided to settle on waffles, eggs, bacon, and make a fruit smoothie. I got the ingredients for my meal and I made the waffle batter. As I was mixing it, my phone vibrated on the counter next to me. I stopped mixing and checked it to see Damian texted me. I opened the text and a series of hearts popped up.

Damian: Happy Valentine's Day, mija! ❤❤❤😍

I smiled at his text and replied back.

Me: Happy Valentine's Day! ❤❤🥰 You gonna be my cupid today?

Damian: I'm your cupid everyday 😏🏹

(You liked this message)

Damian: I can't wait to see you. I missed you

Me: Aww, I missed you too. I'm making breakfast so I'll be ready soon

Damian: Take your time, mija. I just got up myself 😅

(You liked this message)

Me: Aight. I'll see you when you get here

While I was on my phone, I also wished my family and friends back at home a happy Valentine's Day. I locked my phone and continued making my waffles. After I finished making my breakfast, I ate it, drank my smoothie and washed the dishes out before going to my room to get my clothes for the day. I decided to go with this.

I put on a little bit of makeup and flat-ironed my blonde and black skunk hair, putting it in two low pigtails with a side bang

I put on a little bit of makeup and flat-ironed my blonde and black skunk hair, putting it in two low pigtails with a side bang. I checked myself out in the mirror and was fully satisfied with my look. I grabbed my phone and texted Damian and told him I was ready. While I waited for him, I sat on the couch and played my Switch to pass time.

A few minutes later, there was a knock on the door. I closed the game on my Switch and turned it off before getting up. I answered the door and there stood a smiling Damian Priest in my doorway. "Hola, chica." He greeted me with a grin. "Hey." I smiled back. "You look beautiful as always." He started off with a compliment, making me smile. "Thanks." "Sorry, I was a little late. I had to make a pit stop." He revealed a bouquet of red roses and box of chocolates. I reacted with a beaming smile. "Aww, Damian! That's so sweet! Thank you." I say happily as I gladly took the roses and chocolates. "And that's not all, mija. I think you would really appreciate this." He smiled at me. "What?" I looked at him. He then proceeded to show me what else he got. And when I saw it, I let out the biggest gasp of my life! "Happy Valentine's Day!" Damian beamed. He's holding a jumbo plushie of RuRu from Treasure's Truz Line characters. It looks like this.