Chapter 8: Troubled

It had been a good three months since Haein had poured his heart out to Jisoo. From that moment on, she became his official girlfriend, and the journey had been an absolute joy for her. Haein's loving and attentive nature had made every day with him feel like a dream.

Jisoo had already met Haein's brother during their memorable golf sessions. The meeting had gone well and she had even struck up a friendship with his brother's girlfriend. Now Haein wanted to introduce her to his parents. Although Jisoo thought it might be too soon, Haein assured her that his parents were eager to meet her. He had talked to them about Jisoo before, so the timing was right.

"Don't be nervous, my love. My parents are incredibly accepting of our relationship," Haein voiced softly to Jisoo.

"Yeah, I know... It's just that I hope I can live up to their expectations. You know what I mean?" Jisoo murmured, a hint of sadness on her face.

"What do you mean? You exceed all expectations of me. Don't doubt yourself, okay? Everything will turn out fine," Haein assured her as he parked the car in front of his parents' house.

 Don't doubt yourself, okay? Everything will turn out fine," Haein assured her as he parked the car in front of his parents' house

They got out of the car and strolled leisurely toward his parents' modest home. Jisoo's alert eyes caught sight of a woman standing at the door.

"Oh, look at that! Jisoo, this is my mother," Haein introduced spontaneously.

"Mrs. Jung, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Kim Jisoo, your son's girlfriend," Jisoo said with the utmost politeness and bowed respectfully.

"Oh my goodness! How lovely! Nice to meet you too, my dear. Welcome," Mrs. Jung gushed excitedly.

"Honeyyy!! Haein has arrived!" Mrs. Jung's voice echoed through the house, alerting her husband to her son's presence.

"My boy!" Mr. Jung exclaimed happily, wrapping his arms around Haein in a warm hug.

"Hello, Father. Allow me to introduce my wonderful partner," Haein announced proudly.

"What a charming lady you have found, my boy," Mr. Jung exclaimed, expressing his admiration for his son's choice.

"Good day, Mr. Jung," Jisoo greeted with genuine joy. Polite as always, she also bowed respectfully to Haein's father.

Once the introductions were over, Mrs. Jung graciously led them to the dining table in the warm embrace of her home. She had spent the entire previous night meticulously preparing a feast, a heartfelt gesture to warmly welcome her son's beloved girlfriend. With each bite, they indulged in the delicious food while engaging in heartfelt conversations about the beautiful bond they shared. Their curiosity piqued, they eagerly asked about Jisoo's background, experiences, and the intricate details of her family life. Their desire to truly understand and embrace her was evident in their genuine interest.

With a joyful expression on her face, Mrs. Jung expressed her happiness at Jisoo's acceptance of her son. "I am absolutely thrilled that you accepted my son. You really are the perfect match for him. I couldn't be happier."