Chapter 17: The promise

Lisa didn't know what to do. She was worried about her friend's condition. Jisoo wouldn't stop crying her eyes out.

"Unnie, please, it makes me sad to see you like this. What can I do for you to at least stop crying? Here, eat some food. It's really good." Lisa tried to cheer up her friend.

"Lisaayaaa.... he did it on purpose. How could Taehyung do this to me? I really trusted him and thought we could at least stay friends. I don't know why I feel so hurt about this!?" Jisoo exclaimed, sobbing.

"It's normal, Unnie. You loved him a lot and saw him as a person who wouldn't do anything to hurt you. I understand why you feel this way." Lisa comforted her friend.

Jisoo's frustration boiled over as she vented about the whole situation. "What am I supposed to do now? How do I get through to Haein?" she cried.

"Unnie, please, just relax for now. Eat something and think about it tomorrow. I'm really worried about you," Lisa pleaded, her expression filled with concern.

"No, I can't wait. I have to talk to him before he does something drastic again. I have to go to him now!" Jisoo declared with determination in her voice. Ignoring Lisa's protests, she hurried out of the house and hailed a taxi to Haein's place, leaving Lisa to call after her in frustration.

Haein was on his fifth beer when a knock at the door interrupted his solitude. Curious, he went to the entrance and found Jisoo standing on the other side.

"Why is she here? It's already a struggle to control my drinking and now she's here to push me over the edge," Haein thought to himself as he reluctantly opened the door. He immediately noticed the redness in Jisoo's eyes.

"What's wrong?" Haein asked worriedly.

"You, that's what's wrong!" Jisoo shouted, her voice trembling with emotion.

Before Haein could answer, Jisoo continued, "Please, let's talk. I have to explain everything. Please, just let me in."

Seeing the desperation in Jisoo's eyes, Haein hesitated for a moment before stepping aside to let her in.

As Haein took a sip of his beer, he led her into his warm and inviting living room. "Now, tell me what's on your mind," he asked.

With a shaky breath, Jisoo began, "Haein, I have to come clean with you. When we first met, part of my heart still belonged to Taehyung.

"But as time went on, I saw a different side of you that attracted me. Your unwavering love for your family, your gentle treatment of me - it all made me fall head over heels for you.

"When Taehyung showed up unexpectedly that day, I made a big mistake. I let him back into my life and let things happen that I deeply regret. But at that moment, my emotions were confused.

"I allowed myself to be swayed by his touch, believing that I still needed him to feel alive, and for a brief moment I thought I did feel alive. But soon I realized that the only thing I really felt was a fleeting sense of lust and desire."

"I...I...thought I loved him, but now I see it was mere damn curiosity. I am ashamed of my foolishness in thinking that my confused mind would find clarity by engaging with him."

"I acknowledge that I have failed you, and you must be disappointed in me for engaging in such treachery behind your back.

"Since then, I have realized that you are the one I want to spend my life with...you are my true love. I made efforts to move on, changing my phone number and moving to distance myself from the past. But I couldn't shake my feelings for you."

"Today, I asked Taehyung to come over to finally close that chapter. I wanted to tell him the truth and move on. I never wanted you to see this scene. Please, believe me, Haein," Jisoo begged earnestly, her eyes filled with sincerity.