Chapter 10: Way Back

In anticipation of the New Year, Rosé had organized an exclusive gathering that she was eager to host

In anticipation of the New Year, Rosé had organized an exclusive gathering that she was eager to host. It marked a significant milestone for her, as it was the first time she had taken on such a grand undertaking. To set the stage for an unforgettable celebration, she went to great lengths to secure one of the most opulent party venues in South Korea. Ensuring that no detail was overlooked, she spared no expense in curating an exquisite experience for her guests. Inviting a diverse mix of friends, family and colleagues, Rosé was determined to provide them with the ultimate New Year's extravaganza.

Meanwhile, Jisoo and Haein were on their way to Rosé's lavish party. Haein skillfully maneuvered the car, his hand resting confidently on the steering wheel while his other hand found comfort on Jisoo's thigh. The simple touch ignited a feeling of desire in Jisoo, as it always did. She appreciated the way Haein made her feel wanted and appreciated.

Occasionally, guilt would creep into Jisoo's heart, knowing that she couldn't fulfill all of Haein's desires. Since the day she had rejected his advances, they hadn't attempted any physical intimacy. Uncomfortable with the idea, Jisoo held back despite her genuine longing for intimacy. There was an inexplicable barrier preventing her from taking the leap, deepening her internal struggle.

She had an inexplicable understanding of the reason why she couldn't allow him to go on, and that reason was Taehyung. Every time she shared a kiss with Haein or he tried to make physical contact, she was overwhelmed by a sense of disloyalty to Taehyung. Seeking guidance, she confided in Jennie about this predicament, and Jennie suggested that Jisoo should surrender to Haein and observe the results. Perhaps by fully immersing herself in this new relationship, she would find that her attachment to Taehyung diminishes.

"Honey, are you all right?" Haein asked with concern in his voice.

Jisoo smiled reassuringly. "Oh, my love, I'm perfectly fine," she replied, her voice filled with warmth.

"Great, then let's go," Haein suggested, taking her hand in his as they made their way to the venue. Along the way, they encountered numerous familiar faces, and Jisoo greeted each person graciously, her arm linked with Haein's.

"Unnie, you're finally here, ahhh!" Rosé exclaimed excitedly.

Jisoo chuckled playfully. "Oh my dear Chaeng, you are so loud!" She knew how much Rosé had been looking forward to this party.

"Hello Haein, how are you?" Rosé greeted him warmly.

"I'm fine, thank you. I must say, the place looks incredible. Well done," Haein praised, his joy evident in his voice.

"Ah, really? Thank you! I have put so much effort into every detail of this party. I hope you enjoy it," Rosé replied, her eyes shining with pride.

"We will be sure to thank you," Jisoo said warmly, expressing her gratitude to Rosé.

The room was filled with people, and Jisoo couldn't help but be amazed at the sight of all her friends gathered together.

"This is really amazing. Rosé really threw an incredible party. The music, the drinks, the snacks, and the ambiance of this place are all fantastic," Haein whispered to Jisoo, his arm wrapped around her waist.