★彡[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 23]彡★

★彡[ᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴇᴇᴋ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ]彡★

"Morning'." Paul tipped an imaginary hat as he walked into the room. "Sorry we're a bit late, Abby had to go in and see Mollie's teacher -"

"Abby, huh?" John smirked, knowing exactly what his best friend was keeping from him. He had known for a longer time than it seemed that even Paul and Abby had felt about each other.

"Shuddup, John."

"You don't have to lie to me, Macca. I know everything."

Perhaps this psychology will work, John thought with a twisted smirk. He loved playing mind games with Paul because the other man was a worthy partner. The two of them were manipulative and very few could match them.

Abby was in the kitchen making tea for herself, Brian, and the rest of the boys - as well as George Martin. This was how she started most of her days at work, and they had all settled into a routine. Abby almost had a sixth sense for knowing when one of their cups was empty, they were thirsty or they fancied a biscuit or sandwich. Because of this new routine, John knew that he only had about ten minutes to get some information out of Paul.

Paul snorted. "Nothing in your 'ed but cotton wool, John. You don't know anything."

"Nothing in my 'ed but good songs... something that you wouldn't know anything about." The elder Beatle smirked, "wanna play the insult game, Macca? You know I'll win."

He usually did, though Paul would never have admitted it out loud.

Most Scousers were witty, and the Beatles were moreso than most... but John was on a different level. He loved making up and finding new words, taking the micky out of somebody (usually anybody who was slightly different to himself), and amusing others with his jokes and wordplay.

Paul sighed, knowing that there was no way he could win. "Wha'd you want to know, John?"

"What's going on between you and Abby? You're like an old married couple; you parent Mollie together, drive them everywhere and spend far too much time with them. It isn't good for you, y'know, Paul, to spend that much time with a woman. What about us lads, eh? You haven't been out with us in weeks."

This was very true.

Since Abby had left her job at the cafe, Paul had been neglecting his mates and he knew it... but Abby entranced him and drew him in, and Mollie did too. They both didn't even know they were doing it... he just felt that he had to be near them always, which was part of the reason why he had given Abby the job at the studio with him.

John narrowed his brown eyes. "Have you shagged her yet?"

"No!" Paul exclaimed, looking up from the floor very quickly. He flushed a deep red, something that was unusual for him when it came to a woman.

"Are you lying?"

"No." Paul insisted in a slightly calmer tone of voice, looking around them to see if anybody had overheard his shout... but they were the only two in the room, the other two Beatles being down in the recording studio whilst Paul and John were in the little box that was usually occupied by George Martin, his assistant, and Abby if she had nothing else to do. When John didn't look convinced, Paul insisted; "I haven't!"

"Have you got close to it?"

"Why do I have to tell you all this?"

"Because you tell me everything, Paul. Remember that Jane Asher bird you got with a few months back? We thought you were onto her for a while but then you just -"