★彡[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 32]彡★

★彡[ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ ᴍᴏɴᴛʜ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ]彡★

Paul was overjoyed to be back from touring. It had been a long one, and it had been made all the more boring and horrible to endure because Abby had left after a month because Mollie had a school trip that she needed to go on.

Neither Abby nor Paul had liked being apart from one another, but needs must.

He got into the limousine which had been paid for by Brian Epstein - or the band's earnings, really - and told the driver the address for Abby's flat. He just hoped that she was home!

Abby had taken the day off of work so she could attend the appointment. Her name was being called and all she could do was stare at the carpet, willing the awaiting doctor to go back to her office.

But the receptionist was standing beside her, and gently repeating her name. "Miss Valentine?"

It had been two months since the last time that she and Paul had been together, and it had been three months since she had last had her period. At first, Abby hadn't been worried, but when her breasts started to get extremely tender and she was getting nauseous in the mornings and early afternoons, she knew what it could be.

Only one thing.

She had gone to the doctor just to confirm it, really, but she didn't need to.

Abby knew that she was pregnant, and it was the tiny little barely-there bump that had confirmed it to her.

Her nicest skirt didn't fit as well as it used to.

"Miss Valentine, we shall have to give your appointment over to another patient -"

Abby looked up at that. The last thing she needed was Paul asking her why she had to go to the doctor! No, if she managed to get back to the flat before he got back from tour that day, then she would be able to keep it a secret. And then she could decide what to do on her own.

Did she want a baby?

Did she have time for one? What with Mollie and work, Abby barely even had time for herself - let alone a helpless little thing that would need her constantly. And she'd have to quit work to care for it - and then who would pay the bills?

As if in a trance, Abby rose and followed the doctor, who had finally grown tired of calling out her name and instead had just been standing by the door waiting for her.

In the doctor's office, Abby was told to take a seat. She felt cold, and numb. The doctor sat down and introduced herself as Doctor Robert. She was a different lady to the doctor which Abby had seen before, but she promised that she would be around the next time Abby needed an appointment. The other doctor, ironically, had gone on maternity leave.

"So, Miss Valentine," Doctor Robert smiled, "how do you feel about the thought of being pregnant?"

"Terrified." Abby admitted. "My boyfriend and me haven't been seeing each other for very long, and he's -" she cut herself off. She had been about to tell the doctor that Paul was a musician, but instead she said, "very busy. Busy all the time, in fact. He has time for me and for my little sister, who I have care of, but what if he doesn't have time for a baby, too? What if I don't have time for a baby? I need to pay the bills!" Abby let herself get more het up about the matter at hand than she should have done in front of the doctor.

"Right, well," the doctor bit her lip, "Miss Valentine, I can confirm that you are indeed pregnant. The tests which you did with my predecessor show that you are about two-to-three months along. That means you're either already done with, or about to bed one with, your first trimester. That's a good thing because it means that the baby is safer - and you are, too."