★彡[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 34]彡★

★彡[ꜰᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴀʏ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ]彡★

Mollie opened the door of 7 Cavendish Avenue to John, and she beamed. "John! John, come see my new room!"

John chuckled, "I will, Mol, but I'm in a bit of a mickel at the poment -"

"Pickle at the moment." The nine-year-old giggled. "John! You're crazy!"

John laughed. He had always loved wordplay, and endeavoured to pass on the love to any child that he met - his newest project being his best friend's new ward.

He jumped forward and tickled Mollie's sides. She squealed and ran off upstairs - presumably to her room.

John went into the house, closing the door behind him and listening for any sound that could indicate that Paul was home.

Of course, he was in the music room/library. In there was a piano, four or five acoustic guitars and two electric ones, an assortment of odd little handheld instruments like silver triangles and maracas, and also his violin bass.

Paul was sitting on the settee playing a guitar which was perched on his lap, and he was strumming. It wasn't a particularly developed tune, but it had the makings of a number one hit.

"A'right, son?" John asked, coming in and throwing himself across the armchair which sat in the bay window. "How's the family? Wife up the duff, yet?"

"Sod off." Paul said without looking up from his instrument. "Tha's not why I asked them to move in."

"Then why did you?" John asked, watching his friend intently. "Because we can't work it out."

"I love her, John. I love them both -"

"You thought you loved Jane, but you never asked her to move in with you, did you? Got to be a reason, Macca -"

"Stop." Paul sighed. He put the instrument down and sat forward, resting his hands on his knees. He said, "it's none of your business. If you, Geo and Ringo want to know that badly then -"

"Ringo doesn't care. He told us not to ask you. George wants to know but didn't want to ask himself and -"

"You got sent in his place?" Paul scoffed. "You're being played -"

"Shurrup."

"Paul!" Mollie called from the kitchen, which was technically in the basement of the house but was on the same level as the garden. "Can I have -"

"Whatever you want, Mol! And come here when you're done, luv!"

A few moments later, Mollie came into the room with a glass of milk. She smiled at John and then went to sit in Paul's lap. He put his arms around her and let her snuggle her head into the space between his shoulder and neck. She faced John.

"Where's your sister got to?" John asked her.

"Went to the shops." Mollie answered.

"Mollie decided to stay here with me, didn't you?" She nodded as best she could given her current position.

John smirked. "Why'd you move in with Paulie?" He asked.

Mollie opened her mouth to reply, but Paul cut her off. She didn't know the real reason, of course, but Paul didn't like that John was using a child to get the answer he wanted.

"Because," Paul said, trying to hide his annoyance, "their flat was too small for a birthday party."

"Whose birthday is it?" John asked.