★彡[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 30]彡★

Later that night, Abby was laying in Paul's arms. The two of them had been in a comfortable silence, though they occasionally spoke their thoughts aloud. Paul had been telling the truth when he had told Abby that he would make their night one to remember - and that she would not regret what they did to end the night.

It had been perfect.

Paul had been perfect.

He had held her and kissed her and worshipped her body just like she had always wanted a lover to do.

He had told her how beautiful she was, and how she meant more to him than anything else in the world.

And when their toes curled and their vision shattered, he had made the most beautiful sounds.

Abby wanted to never be with another man.

She knew that Paul was it for her.

* * * * *

The next few days went by in a hurry, with stolen kisses and cut-short glances between the two. A beautiful bunch of peony flowers were delivered to Abby's room, and when she had teasingly asked Paul if he had any idea who they might be from, he had blushed.

Blushed.

Who knew that Paul McCartney blushed?

One morning, Paul turned over in bed to find that it was not the smaller Valentine sister in bed with him - as it was most mornings - but rather the elder one.

"Luv, you alright?" He whispered, surprised that Mollie was not with them too. Mollie adored Paul, and tried to spend as much time with him as possible.

Abby stirred and groaned.

"Abby?" Paul asked in a more concerned tone of voice. "Everything okay, luv?"

She shook her head, "don't feel good, Paul."

"Do you want me to get a doctor?" He asked, "is it serious?"

Abby was too embarrassed to admit to him what it really was.

Her period had arrived, and so had the aches, pains and insecurities which came with it. Abby had cleaned herself up before she had stumbled into Paul's room, but she still felt awful.

"Not too serious, it'll pass... could you maybe hold me for a little bit, though?"

Paul was always happy to hold her. He wrapped his arms around her lithe body and kissed the top of her head. Abby laid her head on his chest and listened to his heart beating.

After a few minutes, Paul was still worrying. He said, "you'd tell me if it was serious, wouldn't you?"

"Yes."

"Because I don't want you thinking you can't tell me things. If it's serious then I'll take some time off to look after you -"

"Paul," Abby sighed, "don't make me tell you what it is."

"What?" He asked, "why? Is it something embarrassing? You don't have to tell me -"

"It's embarrassing, yes." She paused. "If I tell you then you have to promise not to laugh or be grossed out or whatever."

"You don't have to tell me, as long as it isn't serious."

Paul was worried to death about Abby being ill and neglecting to tell him.

What if something happened to her? How could he go on without her in his world?

"God, Paul, it's just... it's women's things..." she whispered the last two words, flushing a deep red as she closed her eyes so she wouldn't have to see his reaction.

It took Paul about thirty seconds to catch on. He didn't like the idea of women's things - who did? - but he knew that his reaction was very important to Abby, and it was very important that he got the right one.

"What?" He asked, "now?"

She nodded. "Yes."

"You don't look like it's, um, that."

Abby couldn't help but laugh at that. "Gee," she replied, "thanks, Paul. What a compliment." She sighed, feeling that the worst was over - and that Paul's reaction had been acceptable. "Look," Abby continued, "it happens every month and when it does, I get quite nauseous and I'm in a lot of pain."

"I'm sorry, luv," Paul replied sympathetically.

"Paul?" Mollie asked, standing by the door which connected the girls' rooms to his. She rubbed her eyes and yawned. "Where am I supposed to fit?" She looked at Abby, who was still in Paul's arms.

Paul replied, "come here, Mol. I've got two arms, haven't I? There's always space for you." He gently pushed Abby a little further towards the edge of the mattress, and then he moved so he was in the middle.

Mollie came and got into the bed on his other side, and he wrapped an arm around her middle too.

"Room for both my girls, see?"

"Your girls, Paul?" Abby echoed teasingly.

Paul nodded. "Yeah." He tried to sound casual. He looked at Mollie and then back to Abby, "if you'll both have me?"

Mollie cried, "yes!" She paused, "yes! Yes! Say yes, Abby!"

Abby chuckled. Wryly, she replied, "yes, I suppose so, then."

Overjoyed, Paul kissed Abby's lips with a surge of energy. He then turned to Mollie and kissed her forehead.

"Love you both. My girls."

"Love you too, Paul." They chorused.