★彡[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 25]彡★

★彡[ᴛᴡᴏ ᴡᴇᴇᴋ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ]彡★

Even though she didn't want to admit it, Abby was actually quite excited to be going to America.

Who wouldn't be?

It was the States.

And she was going with Paul, which made things all the better.

The two of them had been completely wrapped up with Mollie and the recordings for the last few weeks, but they had managed to find a few moments of peace in which Abby had let Paul hold her and tell her how beautiful and special she was.

She had, of course, disagreed with him, but Paul had liked it that way.

That was his Abby.

Currently, she was sitting beside him with a very scared look on her face. She had a notebook and pen in her lap as an attempt at a distraction, but it wasn't even working. She hadn't even picked them up.

"Come on, luv," Paul said in a comforting tone, "it won't be that bad. It will just push you back in your seat a bit -"

"Paul," Abby interrupted, "I've never flown before."

She had told him this about twenty times that morning already, and several in the weeks leading up to their departure.

"I know, I know." He put a hand on her knee. They both looked at it for a few seconds but neither said anything else about it. Paul then smiled. "But it will be fine."

Abby didn't look so convinced.

From the back of the plane, they heard Mollie's giggles. She was sitting between George and Ringo, both of whom had volunteered to watch her during the flight. The reason they had done this was so that Paul and Abby could have a little bit of time alone, but they had not told the couple this.

Paul, actually, had asked John and Cynthia to watch Mollie during the flight as they had spent a bit more time with the nine-year-old, but the two of them were having difficulties and disagreements left, right and centre, and Paul had decided last minute that it was probably best to keep Mollie out of the middle of that.

"I've flown before and nothing's ever happened to me, Abs." Paul said, rubbing her knee comfortingly.

"There's a first time for everything."

"And this won't be it... or any other time. I promise you that you'll be fine."

If there was something that Paul had learnt about Abby since he had known her, it was that sometimes it was best not to entertain what she was saying.

Sometimes, it was better to just write off what she was saying as rubbish - that way, she would see the flaws in her words and worries.

To take her mind off of the impending ascent (the plane was now moving down the runway), Paul took his hand from her knee and instead laced it with one of her own. He squeezed it and Abby couldn't help but smile at him.

They held hands and smiled at each other like lovestruck teenagers until they were in the air, and Paul was confident that Abby was less worried than she had been before the takeoff.

"There," he said with an air of finality, "wasn't so bad, was it?"

It hadn't been, Abby had to admit... but it was still something that she didn't want to do again - though she knew she had to in order to get back home to London.

They continued to hold hands, the two of them silence. Abby looked out of the window at the world below them. They seemed so high up already; she didn't even know yet that they were still reaching maximum altitude.