𝕶𝖆𝖗𝖊𝖓 𝕭𝖊𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖎𝖔𝖗

William was sitting on a couch in Kate's office space, solving a Rubik's cube. The space was not decorated heavily, usual to the blue-eyed vigilante's taste. The chocolate brown walls fit the minimalist yet luxurious aesthetic. Massive floor-to-ceiling glass panels were what decorated the north side of the office, which was where the doorway was. The glass was so clear, one could mistake it for not existing at all, if not for the large chrome handlebars. The whole space screamed 'Rich-but-not-a-show-off". 

Now solving a Rubik's cube was not the only thing the vampire was doing. No, he was currently watching Clint, as he ploughed through the large crowd of NYC Larpers, that tried to attack him, thinking they even had a fighting chance against the former assassin. Of course, there was no real reason for him to spy on Clint, but the shit was just too damn, funny and he was bored anyway. 

His attention was pulled out by Kate, who had entered, with a phone pressed to her ear, and a panic-stricken face. 

"Depends who's asking." 

"This is detective Caudle of the New York Police Department asking."

The Billionaire Vigilante's eyes widened considerably under his spectacles. Why was the NYPD calling Kate? 

"Then it depends What you're asking?", she replied, trying not to spill anything that could put the police on her back as well. Dealing with the Tracksuit mafia was difficult enough. The whiskey-brown eyed boy had put aside and was now fully listening to the conversation/interrogation going down in front of him. 

"I'm asking if this is Kate Bishop.", he pressed on. 

"Uh...um, y-yeah, it is.", she stuttered, and William grimaced at her nervousness. 

"Miss Bishop, can you come down to the station so we could have a chat." 

"Uh, sir, I'm....I'm sort of unclear as to what the ru-rules are here." He gave the woman a look which basically commanded her to stop stuttering. "Am...Am I able to, uh, ask what....this...this is regarding?", her continued nervousness caused him to let out a low sigh, and the interrogatee to roll her eyes. It wasn't like he was being questioned here. 

"Miss Bishop, I'm pretty sure you are aware, but I'm going to ask it just in case. Are you aware of your apartment being set on fire last night?" 

Outside, Jack was conversing with a couple of employees, and his to be stepdaughter wanted to question him about what he was doing. But she couldn't exactly do that, when she herself was being questioned. 

"Yeah...Yeah, I-I'm aware. Totally. Why?" 

"You don't sound so upset about it.", he pointed out inquisitively.  

She clicked her tongue in nervousness. It was evident she was not good at lying. Her mouth ran dry, pupils dilated and pulse quickened. 

"That'.........That's because, well," she chuckles, feigning innocence, "I-I wasn't home when the fire started. So thankfully I'm, uh, I'm fine.", she spoke. William's frown deepened. She hadn't answered his question. If the detective would take this incident seriously, he might be able to link Kate to the Ronin suit. And the only way to save her from rotting in a federal prison for the rest of her life, would be for Clint to reveal himself as the Ronin, or to make everyone forget Kate ever existed. And neither of those options were viable.