𝕮𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖍𝖆𝖗𝖉

William had lived been alive for 24 years. 24 years of feeling like he didn't belong. Feeling like he was an outcast. Like he was an anomaly. Like he was not human. Not...... normal. And he had spent those 24 years wanting to feel normal. Feel normal, for once. 

But in this very moment, he wanted nothing more than to not feel that way. 

Because right now, as the trio of vigilantes were sat at the doorstep of a doctor, waiting to get the eldest's hearing aid, the vampire couldn't help the constant wave of jitteriness he felt. 

Currently, he was sitting next to the girl he liked, and was trying to figure out how to ask her out on a date. 

"Hey, Kate, I know we only met 2 days ago, but would you like to go on a date with me?", No that wouldn't work. "Katie! we should grab some coffee some-, no that's horseshit. What if she says no, anyway? I mean I look like a basic white boy. She would definitely reject me. Why should I ask if I will be turned down. 

He was brought out of his overthinking, by a nudge to his ribs, which was graciously done by Kate. Think of the Devil. 

She showed him her flip phone, which had Clint's contact number. The text messages were open, and the archer's name was on the banner. He was wearing his glasses again, so it wasn't like anyone would see his morphed irises anyway. 

She was typing a message that read, 'Good thing they call you HawkEYE and not HawkEAR', which was a good joke, but it shouldn't elicit the reaction it got out of the Stark, who threw his head back and laughed heartily, which caused a proud smirk to grow on the female archer's lips. She showed his the message, to ask if it was funny or not, which was weird but she did it anyway, and his reaction told her that was indeed funny, so she hit send. 

The tired old dad, however, did not find this dad humor even remotely funny. 

"Ha-ha-ha-ha", he drawled out humorlessly, "Block. Delete." 

Both young Vigilante's were quite amused at Clint's expense, as they high fived each other, with shit-eating grins on their faces. 

Soon after, the old lady they were waiting for arrived, and they asked her to do what they were there for. 

The trio were now seated inside a diner, conversing. Well, more like, Kate was doing all the talking, William was daydreaming, and Clint had turned off his hearing aid, so he was just focused on eating. 

"What was most amazing though-", she spoke. 

"Mmm Hmm.", the vampire nodded, his chin resting on his palm, while he had a gleaming smile on his face.