Chapter 9- First Mate

Lianna was awoken by a little beeping noise. She looked over to the nightstand and found her virtual communicator going off. A message this early? Better be damn important if I have to get outta this position.

She carefully unwrapped her arms from Rocket and slid out of bed, grabbing the device as she went for the door. She turned on the device as she walked to the table in the kitchenette, thinking of grabbing a cup of coffee while she was at it.

"Incoming message from Professor B. Stein?" Lianna said quietly. The name sounded familiar, but she was too tired to search through her memories to see who he was. She laid the device on the table, making coffee as the connection loaded.

"Hello, Miss Argo." Professor Stein said.

1st P.O.V.

The voice sounded awfully familiar, but I still didn't want to journey through my past to figure out why.

"Hi, there." I said tiredly, sitting down with a mug of freshly, hot coffee in my hands. "What'cha want?"

"You know EXACTLY what I want." Stein said deviously. This struck a little fear in me.

"How am I supposed know?" I sassed back. "You wake me up at like the crack of dawn for a game of guess what the brunette's thinkin'?" Stein gave me a little glare as he combed his hair back with his hands.

"Lianna, we're coming to take you back." My whole entire body froze. It hit me like a slap across the face; he was hunting me. He wanted to take me back to that hell-house they called a lab.

"We're also going to take Subject 89P13 and the humanoid plant 'Groot' back too with you." I wanted to curl up into a ball and cry or cut off the dude's 'pride' and his head. This is my fault, I thought. I should've never got in between a fight that involved Rocket being drunk.

"We've found your location and will be there in twenty-four hours." He said, pushing up his glasses as looked at a clipboard he held. "Run while you can." Connection ended.

I sat there in shock, knowing I endangered my friends and my lover. I snapped out of it and gulped down my coffee then ran to my room. I grabbed a robe out of my closet and opened the hatch, running towards my house like a mad man or a mad woman, since I just got a death defying message.

I ran into the house and carefully closed the door, making sure I didn't wake anybody up, then went into the stock room that we had in the basement. My dad always stocked up on food and supplies in case of an emergency, and this was a fucking emergency.

Using my hair to collect half of the stocks; I found some paper and a pen then wrote my dad a note.

Dear daddy,
Sorry that half of your stock is missing. Somethin' urgent came up and I had to get everyone off Earth. Don't worry about the problem, I can handle it myself like the grown woman I am. It's nothin' too bad; a little payment I have to make in person. I'll make sure to pay you back for the stock.
Sincerely with love,
Lianna

I ran back upstairs with what I thought was my hair carrying food behind me. I put the note on the door leading to the basement.

I ran up the hatch and carefully made sure my hair didn't run into anything to cause a ruckus and wake the others. I decided to store the food in my room, since I'll be sleeping Rocket for now on. I'll move my stuff there later.

3rd P.O.V.

Ten minutes later, Lianna had moved all the clothes from her closet and dresser to the bed; both of them filled with food and some other stuff from the stock.

Lianna quickly went to the head of the ship and started it up. The hatch closed in and the thrusters kicked on, a low rumble shaking the ship slightly.