Chapter 2- Bar Fight

"We're here." Peter announced.

"I think they fell asleep." Drax said.

"They did." Gamora said. She walked over to Lianna, who was holding Rocket like a teddy bear, and nudged her shoulder.

"Lianna. We're here, Lianna." She calmly spoke. Lianna's eye flutter open and looked around the room. She finally noticed Gamora, and Rocket snuggled against her chest. Lianna smiled and yawned, holding on to him as she got up. He moaned and moved slightly, but didn't wake up. She giggled and stroked his head.

"Rocket." Lianna said quietly. "Wake up buddy."

Rocket's ears twitched to life as he opened his eye. He yawned and stretched in her arms, but curled back up. Both the girls couldn't help but to giggle a little. Groot smiled at his small friend, happy to see him finally sleeping. Peter couldn't help, but to admire Gamora's giggle.

"Come on Rocket." Lianna sat Rocket upright on her lap. "Time to get up sleepy head." He yawned again and stretched some more.

"Are we there yet?" Rocket said sleepily.

"We've already been here for five minutes, Rocket." Peter said.

"We have?" Rocket rubbed his eyes open and laid against Lianna. "Then we better get goin', but man did that nap feel good." The women giggled again at Rocket.

"Come on, bud." Lianna got up and hoisted Rocket on to her shoulders, forming her hair to wrap around his torso to keep him up there.

"That's a nice technique you use, Lianna." Gamora said.

"Thanks." She said, walking through the kitchenette to the dock. "I learned it myself when I went to my mother's planet. I worked a little as a nurse, helping my mom with the newborns and children. The people in the hospital said she was a very nice and caring woman, and that I was just like her. But soon I got tired living on Langara."

"And that's when you left to explore the galaxy?"

"No, not yet. Langara has a very strict leaving policy. Since Langarian blood has such mystical properties, the president agreed on a trade market with other planets. We trade our blood donations for resources we need. But leaving is very hard to do. You must have at least donated a gallon of your blood over the time period you spend in the B.D.D."

"B.D.D.?"

"Blood Donation Dome."

"Ok, so you need at least a gallon of blood donated before you can leave?"

"You also have to pay a thousand unit fee to leave."

"That's a lot to pay for, but then how did you leave?"

"My mother sacrificed her leaving savings for me to go, and I found out that was why she left me on Earth with my father, so I didn't have to face my blood being draw at such an early age."

"How early do they do it?"

"They start when your two, and I found out the hard way when I was asked to do it." Lianna looked down at the metal floor, painfully remembering how it went.

Peter came up behind Lianna and put his hand on her shoulder. "Well, you can just forget about all that stuff and just enjoy yourself tonight."

"You were listening?" Gamora asked confused.

"Yes, yes I was." Peter looked at Gamora with a smile, until a laughter broke the silence.

"You're kidding me, right?" Rocket laughed. "You paying attention to someone tellin' their life!? In a million years!" He busted out laughing again, and Lianna couldn't help, but to agree and laughed too. Peter glared at the two, knowing he could listen to someone tell about their life.